Tuesday, December 1, 2009

This was actually the first Hawaiian BBQ I found or went to try while I was in Santa Ana. It was a bit further away but I didn't realize that L&L Hawaiian BBQ was closer. Ono Ono Hawaiian BBQ was nice and clean. They actually have a bigger space than L&L but after going to L&L I have to say that the food is better there. I think the menu at Ono Ono is bigger than the one offered at L&L.
For lunch, I decided to get a 2-item combo to be on the safe side. I chose the BBQ Beef and Mochi Chicken. Ever since Izumi's Mochicken, I have been a huge fan of mochi battered chicken. Alas, the one here does not hold a candle to the one she made. =*( I need to call Zum-Zum to make me some more! ^_^ The beef was normal, not great but not bad. What really let me down was their Macaroni Salad. It is the best part of having Hawaiian BBQ! lol The one here was bland and blah. L&L has a better tasting one, but not the best I have had. I also got a Spam Masubi because I love them. They sure packed a lot of rice around it but now worries! I will still eat it. ^_^It is very simple to make it at home but when you got to have it, you got to have it! lol
All in all, I wasn't too impressed with this place. The first time I had Hawaiian BBQ was up North in Mountain View, which sadly no longer exists, but I just remembered that they had the best Macaroni Salad. Mmmm Mmmm good! ^_^ Maybe things are just always better in memory! Ever since I discovered L&L was closer, I decided to just go there instead. My Hawaiian classmates like that chain much more, although they are franchised and tweaked by their owners.

Ono Ono Hawaiian BBQ

17582 17th St Ste 104
Tustin, CA 92780
(714) 505-0750
Ono Ono Hawaiian BBQ on Urbanspoon

1 comments:

Ms. Lin said...

Yummm, Spam mutsubi... I want some...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin