Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Avengers

It has been quite a while since I last saw a movie.  I was on the fence about seeing The Avengers.  After all, there have been a stream of bad super hero movie remakes.  Personally, I have not seen Iron Man 2 nor Captain America.  It's also been so long for some of the movies that I had almost forgotten the plots.  Still, I have to say this movie was better than I had thought it would be since I had such low expectations.  Yes, it is very predictable but action packed.
I am glad to see Joss Whedon back as we all know and loved him for Buffy the Vampire Slayer.  This film had a lot of action scenes.  They integrated a lot of one on one battles for all the super heroes to satisfy their thirst for action and to see who could best who.  It was a good movie over all.  Very predictable with minimal corny dialog.  I did enjoy a lot of the small innuendos and ingenious rebuttals mixed in with jokes. 
Ms. Lin and I actually watched it in 3-D or whatever they call it at the Century Theaters.  I was crying at the end of the movie, but not because of the movie.  Word to the wise, try to blink more! lol I also wish I had put on my contacts first so that I wouldn't have 2 pairs of glasses on.  Still, it was enjoyable.  MUCH better than the Hunger Games.  Goodness gracious! Just thinking about the horror I had to sit through the last time, makes this movie much more enjoyable!
Thanks Avengers for at least keeping me entertained.  =D



1 comments:

Adam Schule said...

It never gets old. Every time I see this. battle royale games

Blog Widget by LinkWithin