Thursday, May 31, 2012

Ever since the infamous show down with Bobby Flay, the Doughnut Plant has been infamous for their Tres Leches doughnut.  This location is the original located down in the Lower East Side.  It's a small shop with very little sit down room compared to the newer location in Chelsea.  A simple and great place to pick up a heavenly snack.  So many great memories from here. It's also a closer walk from the subway.
The best and most tasty doughnut is the Tres Leches, hands down! Who does not love the super moist and mind-blowing cake doughnut that is extremely addicting.  I always bring a dozen or so back home and nosh on these for many days.  If only I lived in NYC! I'd be stopping by as often as I could.  Of course I'd be diabetic by now and poor.  Every time I am in NYC or if Ms. Lin is there, I make sure that I get some delicious doughnuts.  Even if it is frozen and saved for later, I will take it! lol
It was our last day in NYC and we had planned out our sugar-filled list of treats to bring back to friends and families in So Cal.  First stop, Doughnut Plant, and then off to Bisous Ciao Macarons.  We sacrificed lunch in order to pick up all these sweet treats.  Was it worth it?  Yum! We left hungry, but on the train to Newark Ms. Lin and I began munching on them.
Even though they had the Crème Brûlée Doughnut here, I didn't pick one up.  I had it at the Chelsea location and it was not quite what I thought it would be.  The picture makes it look really tasty but for me there was just something missing to make it a real Crème Brûlée for me.  Besides, we were two gals on a mission to take back a good amount of the Tres Leches as they are TO DIE FOR!
They have less choices here than the Chelsea location, but at least they have all the best flavors here.  I love coming to NYC in October because they will have the seasonal Pumpkin doughnut available.  It's the only doughnut for me that is somewhat comparable to the Tres Leches.  Although, nothing is as tasty as their infamous doughnut.
 
Next, they need to think about moving to the West Coast.  I would be one of the first to line up outside the store and one of many with a few dozen doughnuts leaving! lol
Doughnut Plant
379 Grand St
New York, NY 10002
(212) 505-3700
Doughnut Plant on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin