Wednesday, May 2, 2012

 
As many of you know, I am not biggest fan of Bruxie.  I thought the concept was new and innovative but fell short on execution.  The best thing I tried at the Chapman location was their smoothie.  On a nice warm Sunday I was invited to a media event at TAPS Fish House & Brewery in Brea and happen to come across a bunch of great eats that I just had to try out.  It's a far trek for me so I better enjoy all I can in one trip!
Even though I had a filling brunch, I could always make room for a smoothie.  I was hoping that they had some tasty concoctions for me to try out.  Someone tempted me by saying they offered a lobster roll, which sadly turned out not to be on the menu.
The store front looks very nice and there are a bunch of seats for people to enjoy the bruxies.  They were a little bit slow to take the order but everyone was friendly there.  I thought it was cute that there was designated corner for take out.  They brought everything to me as it came out.
 
At first I debated on just getting a Dulce de Leche smoothe but I decided that I should use this opportunity to give their bruxies one more try.  The shake was thick and sweet.  I think their caramel is very smooth but a little too sweet.  Say hello to diabetes, but I guess in a good way? lol I needed a tall glass of milk after consumption.
This time I decided to try something different instead of sticking with the only bruxie I liked at the Chapman location.  I can be too daring at times, but I chose to have the Hot Pastrami Bruxie.  Here is the funny part, I really want to find the ultimate pastrami.  Even though I have been hunting for it and let down many times, I still dive in head/mouth first trying to find the perfect one.  They used Boar's Head Pastrami with Gruyere, Cider Slaw, Sour Pickles, and Spicy Brown Mustard.  I thought the combo of flavors were not bad.  It was reminiscent of a Reuben.  My word of advice is eat it FRESH! Don't take it home because I took a few bites there and finished the rest at home.  There was massive pools of oil dripping everywhere, which was kind of sad and scary at the same time.
All in all it was fine but I definitely wouldn't drive so far for this when there is a closer location near me.  Still, I think the hip vibe and ambiance in this area really makes this location better.  There's tons of other foods and things to do around this area so if you are nearby you can make multiple foodie stops to get your fill.

Bruxie (Brea Downtown)
215 W Birch St
Brea, CA 92821
(714) 255-1188
 Bruxie on Urbanspoon

Blog Widget by LinkWithin