Friday, April 20, 2012

I love it up there in San Gabriel where if you hop a few blocks over you will find yourself in another city full of yummy goodies. In El Monte there's this place called Tito's Market that's well known for their empanadas and sandwiches. The area can seem a bit sketchy but you know what, Tito's Market is the safest place around with 4 cop cars parked in front and another one pulling in as I pulled out. This place must be a hot spot for cops, so don't worry because it's super safe with tons of people coming in and out grabbing their food to go.
The ladies are very friendly and the prices are very reasonable. Everyone is very polite. The Beef Empanadas are $1.79 and they are a pretty decent size that's filled with tons of meat. I have been here twice and yet to try the Chicken Empanadas, so be sure to come earlier because that always seems to run out first. The first time I had the Milanesa as well but I wasn't that impressed with the sandwich but I did really like the empanadas so this time I had to stop by since I exited from the 60 Freeway on Rosemead. It's great for a quick grab and has that wholesome feeling.
All in all a great local eatery that's priced very reasonably. They have a huge menu that's worth looking into if you lived nearby. As for me, I am just there for a "snack" on my way to a multiple meal fun night!

Tito's Market
9814 Garvey Ave
El Monte, CA 91733
(626) 579-1893
Tito's Market on Urbanspoon

Blog Widget by LinkWithin