Monday, February 14, 2011

Every time I have a delicious bread in San Francisco, I often question if it came from Acme Bread Company. While I was at the Hog Island Oyster Co. in the Oxbow Public Market, I noshed on some delectable bread. The Hog Island Oyster Co. in the Ferry Building serves bread from the Acme Bread Company so I wondered if they transport their bread all the way here. To solve my curiosity, I asked and they told me that they get their bread from a local bakery called Model Bakery. Of course I had to make a trip around the corner to peruse around their shop for some baked goods.
Here they offered a variety of cakes, cookies, pastries, and breads. Definitely a great local bakery in Napa. I had been stuffing myself the entire weekend and didn't want to be too greedy that day so we only picked up cookies. The cookies were a hearty size. I enjoyed the Almond Macaroon, which was like a giant almond meringue or just the outer cookie of a macaron. The almond flavor was pretty strong. I liked the chewy texture.
All in all it was a nice stop for extra snacks. We had so many desserts left over from the trip. I just wished I had all the stomach room and the magical ability to NOT gain weight from all these indulgences. O=P

Model Bakery
1357 Main St
St Helena, CA 94574
(707) 963-8192
Model Bakery on Urbanspoon

Blog Widget by LinkWithin