Friday, April 15, 2011

I keep my promises! I have always said that if I ever get a reservation to El Bulli that I would drop everything and fly out to Spain. The time has come for me to fulfill that promise. Thanks to Ms. Lin’s hard work, we are ready to go for an evening that we will never forget. As El Bulli has announced the closing of their doors, a reservation is nearly impossible. The wonderfully kind folks at El Bulli have opened their hearts and doors for us to enjoy this once in a lifetime opportunity.

We take nothing for granted and are super grateful for this lovely gift bestowed upon us. Kat’s 9 Lives will be leaving for Europe immediately! I’ve booked my flight and thought about packing my bags (which reminds me that I should start). In less than a week I will be leaving for a 3 week adventure all over Europe! Stay tuned for all the sights and stories from my travels. I have even acquired a digital SLR to spice up the photos! Soon I will be mapping out my foodie journey.

Of course I would love for all my readers to comment or e-mail me suggestions on where the best eats are. My current itinerary will be: starting out in Milan, to Venice, to Florence, to Pisa, to Rome, to the Vatican, to Barcelona, to Roses, to Paris, and back to the good ole United States! Sounds crazy?? Well you have NO IDEA. I am going to be packing it in! Whatever is famous there, I will be there. Whatever is tasty, I will be there. Will I be deathly poor after this trip? You better believe it! Will it be worth it? HECK YAH! There’s really no time to breathe or second guess on this tight trip. I’ll just have to keep going like the Energizer Bunny! If you think there is something I must see, somewhere I must go, or somewhere I must try just let me know.

Time is short. I am almost outta here, but don’t worry I will be checking in and trying my best to keep everyone updated! For the most part I will only be using an iPad, so I will most likely upload to my Facebook Fan Page if you would like to check for the most current updates and any awesome pics I take!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow even a noob like me has heard of El Bulli. There was an article on CNN about it closing. Grats on the reservation.

Kat said...

Hey Arlene =)

I am impressed that you know! Kudos to you! lol You have just leveled up from noob! I will bring you goodies from Europe, anything in particular you'd like?

Ms. Lin said...

Can't wait! It'll be lots of fun! 2 million people requested a reservation for 8000 seating (=0.4% of people get in)... I should go buy the lottery LOL!

Trekkie said...

Room for one more?

Vacation Remix said...

Very interesting.

Jeff Overley said...

So awesome - live it up!

TeriBeri said...

Hi Kat! Wow! Take me with you! If you get a chance, please go to Botin in Madrid for the roast suckling pig! Never been but heard about it through blogs and shows!

Niyaz Pirani said...

HOLYSHIT.

edjusted said...

Holy-- congrats! Can't wait for the review!

kelly von hemert said...

Kat: way to Carpe Diem on El Bulli! Life is for the livin'! How? How did Ms. Lin do it?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin