Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Where else can you find some of the finest culinary delicacies but inside the wonderful city of Manhattan? I tried La Maison Du Macaron, which comes highly recommended but I wasn't too impressed by the filling. As I had mentioned in the previous post, I would reveal the best macarons I had on my recent trip NYC. Bisous Ciao Macarons was definitely the best and most memorable. Not only were the macarons beautifully presented, they are also elegantly packed so that you can easily give it away as a gift.
I definitely saved the best for last. It was the last day we were in the city and we made sure to pick up all the best snacks we could so that we will be swimming in heavenly eats for the next few days. We made sure Bisous Ciao Macarons was one of the last stops. Little did we plan on the fact that we needed to consume all 12 pieces in less than an hour before we parted ways for our flight. I was in macaron overload after we polished of the box! lol
Was it worth it? The macarons were the same price as La Maison Du Macaron, but I felt a much better value. I felt they were more delicate and the fillings were crafted to perfection. The flavors were more tantalizing to our palate. I am all for unique but sometimes you can't forget the simple flavors that can knock your socks off.
Ms. Lin and I both agree that the Salted Caramel was simply divine. The caramel was so smooth and velvety that it literally melted in your mouth. If they sold salted caramel candies, I would definitely buy it. Unfortunately La Maison Du Macaron was sold out of that flavor when I went, but based on the other macarons I had there were nowhere near as memorable as the ones I had at Bisous Ciao Macarons.
I liked that they offered the Jasmine + Green Tea and Salted Peanut + Grape flavored macarons. Simple twists to traditional favorites. Again, their fillings are very delicate and smooth without being overly creamy or buttery.
All in all I am really glad I ventured off and found Bisous Ciao Macarons in the Lower East Side. I really enjoyed the delicate texture of their macarons and well thought out fillings that truly complemented the shells. It's not that close to metro, but it's worth the trip to try something new. If you have friends who really love macaron and Paris, I would definitely recommend that you stop on by to pick them a beautifully wrapped box of tasty macarons as a gift. Of course don't forget to treat yourself to a bigger box for being a thoughtful friend! ^_-
Bisous Ciao Macarons
101 Stanton Street
New York, NY 10002

(212) 260-3463
Bisous Ciao on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin