Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Sweet & Saucy is a great new addition to the Crystal Cove Promenade as it really needed a great place for me to pick up dessert after a nice meal.
 
Melody is really great and full of passion.  She puts her heart and soul into the desserts.
 
Everything is thoughtfully and beautifully crafted.  If you check out their website for their photos of catered events, you will appreciate the extreme artistry that goes into the design.
Everything is made fresh daily from the Long Beach store and transported here to Newport Coast.  Melody started out as a teacher, but found her passion in the culinary arts at Le Cordon Bleu in Pasadena.
 
Together with her family, she started to follow her dreams and was able to open her first store with the support of her parents in Long Beach.
I would definitely recommend the treats here for any party or event.  They can custom make desserts or beautifully decorate a cake for any event.
For July 4th, they have some pretty cute ideas.  I love the wholesome American Pie pops that were so adorable.  Definitely some great innovative ideas.
My favorite dessert of the day that I sampled was the Candy Bar Cupcake.  Not only is it a cute cupcake blossoming out from a flower cupcake sheet, it's also a flavor explosion.
I loved the texture of the cake mixed with the rich chocolate ganache inside and flavorful peanut butter topping.  If you love peanut butter like I do, this would be the perfect cupcake for you.  It really tastes like a candy bar.  I had to pick a large one up for home.  So addicting!!
At the Newport Coast location, they have a refrigerated case that the Long Beach location does not have yet.  Here, you can try some of their delectable cold treats.
 
I got to sample the rich and flavorful Passion Fruit Panna Cotta.  It had a nice tangy kick from the passion fruit.  Very light and suitable to the summer season.
They also have a S'mores Cupcake that looked tantalizing.  I loved the marshmallow decor.  This was the first thing I had to attack as I simply adore s'mores. The cupcake was a dark and decadent chocolate flavor.
Feel like a cake pop?  Well they have a few different flavors to choose from.  Each coated nicely with a layer of chocolate and encased inside is a moist cake.  They have seasonal flavors to match the holiday season.
 
I tried the Red Velvet Cake Pop that seems to be a popular choice.  The cake was very moist inside.
Not only do they have cakes, they also have a variety French macarons.  Of course I had to have the Salted Caramel Macaron as that is always my favorite flavor.
It's a good sized macaron where the outside casing is crisp but the inner parts have a nice chewy texture.
 
Don't forget to try one of their mini pies.  Be sure to heat up the mini pie a little bit before consumption.  The crust becomes so flaky and melts in your mouth.  I loved the lattice layer that makes the pie that much more appetizing and enticing.
 
Their Key Lime Tart was both cute and flavorful.  It had that nice tangy pucker topped off with a beautiful marshmallow top.
 
I asked if they would be providing Afternoon Tea here and they have not set up their own tea time, but they are definitely able to provide tea or coffee with your dessert.
 
They have stated that if you would like to have a certain kind of tea paired with your desserts then all you have to do is email them and they will help fill the request.
While I was there, many couples came in to do a taste testing for either a wedding or a banquet.
 
They definitely offer a wide selection to choose from and the photos they have on the iPad are beautifully presented. 
All in all I enjoyed the desserts and I found Melody to be delightful.  Her new bundle of joy was adorable =).  I am happy to find another tasty place in this promenade.
 
I'd personally take the Candy Bar Cupcake over Sprinkles Cupcakes to be honest.
Sweet & Saucy
7922 E. Coast Hwy
Newport Coast, CA 92657
(949) 715-0920
Sweet and Saucy Shop on Urbanspoon

Blog Widget by LinkWithin