Wednesday, April 6, 2016

My BFF highly raved about the Burger Lounge in San Diego and how her family adores the burgers made with grass-fed beef.  They have expanded and opened up shop in Irvine now.  She said that grass-fed beef would have a different taste and that it is an acquired taste.  I decided to get the Husky Burger with double grass-fed beef, double organic American cheese, pickles, fresh onion, lettuce, tomato, and house-made 1000 island sauce.  For me, I asked for the pickles on the side and for the beef to be medium rare.  I liked that I can choose how well done my beef is cooked because I like it more rare and tender.  The person taking my order did not ask me what type of cheese, but they have two kinds to choose from.  I had to do the Bacon Please! add on.  
All in all the burger was nicely presented and the bacon was bursting out.  The service was very friendly as you seat yourself and they came by often to check on you to see if there was anything else we needed.  As for the burger, I was a little bit let down.  Mine was oozing juice onto the only napkin provided and it was a bit greasy.  I am not the type to get my hands dirty so it irked me a little.  The flavor fell a little flat for me.  The fresh onions over powered the whole taste for me.  I only remember the taste of the bacon and onions.  It's a nice place, but I will unlikely come back any time soon.

Burger Lounge
8553 Irvine Center Dr. 
Irvine, CA 92618 
(949) 450-0440

Blog Widget by LinkWithin