Monday, October 19, 2009

The new Michelin Guide 2010 for San Francisco just came out Oct. 19th. (I know the date is off, but please bear with me as I try catching up.) As many people know that the best of the best restaurants get the coveted 3 stars, exceptional restaurants get 2 stars, and definitely worth noting gets 1 stars. Of course to be the best judge of everything, I recommend that you try these wonderful places yourself for your own rating. ^_^ Using the Michelin Guide would be a great start to a wonderful exploration of food and service.
One place and one person in particular, I would like to give a shout out to. Luce in San Francisco is one of the new restaurants to receive the wonderful 1 Michelin Star rating. Although in my book, Chef Dominique Crenn deserves more! ^_- Her vivacious personality, warm friendliness, attention to detail, love of the craft, and of course... superb culinary skills have made her a national icon and star. She is currently competing on the Next Iron Chef on Food Network. Be sure to cheer her on! Ever since my first visit to Luce last year, I have been a huge fan of her and her cooking. Such a sincere and wonderful chef. I love the fact that she is always around and will come out to greet the guests to make sure that everyone is enjoying the food. Her innovative ideas and skills were clearly seen that night. The picture here is a preview of my trip NYC for their Food & Wine Festival. ^_^ You can clearly see her fun attitude and love for food. (Don't worry, she didn't really lick the equipment.)

Michelin Guide 2010 for San Francisco

3 Stars :
French Laundry *

2 Stars :
Coi
Cyrus
Manresa

Meadowood, The Restaurant


1 Stars :
Acquerello
Ame

Auberge de Soleil

Aziza *

Bouchon

Boulevard

Chez Panisse

Chez TJ
Commis
The Dining Room at The Ritz Carlton
*
El Paseo

Etoile

Farmhouse Inn and Restaurant

Fifth Floor

Fleur de Lys

Gary Danko
*
La Folie
La Toque

Luce
*
Madrona Manor

Masa's
*
Michael Mina

Murray Circle

One Market

Plumed Horse

Quince

Range

Redd

Sante

Solbar

Terra

Ubuntu

The Village Pub


* blue asterisks denote where I have tried so far =)

Bon Appétit!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin