Monday, May 31, 2010

When Boneheads first opened up in Lake Forest, I went with a pal to try out their food and was not hugely impressed. Hence, I have not been back since they first opened up. Lately I have been running out of places to try and I am always willing to give places a second chance if there wasn't something extremely bad about them. Recently I had a late lunch and then had to have an early dinner with MBA, so what where were we to go? I have been sick and I don't really want to travel that nor spend that much so we went to Boneheads. Little did I know there really wasn't much to choose from on the menu so I still ended up spending more money than I want to. =*(
I chose to get the Grilled Tilapia seasoned with Boneheads' Spice. You can choose a topping and I chose their Pineapple Salsa. It comes with their Seasoned Rice and I chose French Fries. I thought the fish was super bland and flavorless. Personally I would rather go to California Fish Grill where they do the natural flavor right. A simple garlic butter would do. I couldn't taste any seasoning or flavor and even the salsa couldn't help. The whole time I was sitting there I thought to myself.... I am not coming back... Oh well at least I could take it home and make someone else eat it because I am not shoving that down, it's a waste of space. The fish wasn't overcooked or anything but it just really needed more. You couldn't even taste the natural flavor of the tilapia. =*( I think I am done with this place and I am making a note here so that I will remember not to succumb to laziness.

Boneheads
23704 El Toro Rd
Lake Forest, CA 92630
(949) 581-3474
Boneheads on Urbanspoon

4 comments:

Wendy said...

I went to Boneheads with my family for the first time a few days ago and was not impressed either. Also had the tilapia and thought it was dry! We will not be coming back. California Fish Grill is waaaaay better.

Unknown said...

It wasn't that bad!

Kat said...

Thanks Wendy for the support. I agree with you and not with MBA! lol I guess I was lucky that my fish was not overcooked but there still was not saving it.

MBA - Admit it! California Fish Grill is MUCH better >=P

Anonymous said...

Can't believe you dont' like Boneheads! It is one of my very favorite places and the staff there is so great. If you don't like your dish then give them feedback and they will do whatever they can to make their guests happy. Try the Salmon with pineapple salsa and the grilled asparagus - the baked yams are so yummy also. Their gourmet tacos are the best tacos I have ever eaten in my whole life. Sure hope you will give this place another try - I have never had a dish I didn't like.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin