Sunday, July 17, 2011

Ever wonder where you can get the best roast duck? Well look no further as I am about to share a place that I love these days. Promise to save me some duck from Lien Hoa Chinese BBQ Food To Go. The secret is all in the sauce! Which is probably why they sell extra duck sauce for $1 and if you aren't here to buy a duck, then be sure to get the sauce. Although, if you aren't here for the duck you are definitely missing out!
Once upon a long time ago, back in the day when 99 Ranch still existed across the Asian Garden Mall there was this tiny BBQ place that had the best duck. I rarely head on out there but I think that store still exists there and I think it might just be the part of the same chain. One day I will stop by to check, but for now Lien Hoa Chinese BBQ Food To Go is definitely just as tasty and just a block away. Be sure to bring your appetite and bring cash!
I highly highly recommend their Roast Duck that is super tasty and tender. If you are a big fan of duck like I am, then Lien Hoa Chinese BBQ Food To Go is your heaven. They drizzle their delicious sauce onto the freshly chopped duck. The flavors will slowly soak in, so if you eat it right away just be sure to scoop some of the sauce up to drench the succulent chunks of duck meat.
While you are there, be sure to try the Roast Pork as well. Each fatty, sweet, succulent slice is full of flavor. The skin is always nice and crispy, so be sure to eat it fresh! So far I have always gotten meaty chunky cuts that were very tasty, unlike the ones you get at Sam Woo BBQ these days.
They also offer a bunch of flavorful small dishes. Ms. Lin picked up some Spicy Tripe that was very flavorful. After a few days she microwaved it and the flavor really soaked in. I personally really liked it, even though it was a bit on the chewier side.

Overall the food here is solid and the duck is amazing! I still have to try their marinated chicken one day because they really do their roast meats right. It's great for on the go, a party, a snack, or even to bring to work for lunch the next day. I can't wait to go back for some more. If it was closer, I'd probably go every other day.

Lien Hoa Chinese BBQ Food To Go
9299 Bolsa Ave
Westminster, CA 92683
(714) 894-1085
Lien Hoa on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin