Thursday, September 22, 2011

What better place to find the Lobsta Truck than at the Lobster Festival at Port O'Call? They started to bring trucks to the festival ever since last year and this year there is a truck ring! When I heard that the Lobsta Truck was going to be there, I was extremely excited.
There wasn't a long line to order and they are pretty fast at making the orders. They also offer a special of a whole lobster out of its shell for $18 at the festival. Believe me, if I wasn't so prepared for the lobster mania I would have taken them up on the offer! lol
Of course the reason I was here was to try out their Lobster Roll with Mayo, $12. I am a sucka for some delicious lobsta! They put a decent amount of lobster on the toasted bread. Maybe I have been spoiled by too many tasty lobster rolls or I had too high of an expectation that I built up my hopes just to be dashed. The taste was just meh! Could have used a little more flavor or salt. Personally, my favorite right now is still the one at Thermidor in SF. Ms. Lin said that the truck did remind her of the famous lobster roll in NYC, but just not as tasty. Sigh! Live and learn. At least I can say that I have been there and done that now. Luckily, I had 4 lobsters waiting for me at Lobster Festival!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin