Tuesday, September 27, 2011

After hearing about the goodness of Filling Station, I happened to be nearby that day with Gourmet Pigs and went inside for a snack. I refused to have more Bruxie because I didn't want to dish out the dough. Since Eat In OC recommended this place that morning, bam! I am out the door and making it a goal to follow through the same afternoon. =)
Sadly, they stop serving breakfast right around when I went in! I missed it by 2 minutes and they had already cleaned up and put away all the breakfast preps. There were tears flowing down when they gave me the bad news. I had my heart set on some good ole fashioned breakfast goodies. It was a last minute decision to go there and I wanted to give them a try since I was already there. The server recommended the Biltmore Chicken. It's chicken breast with melted pepperjack cheese, tomato, red onion, avocado, and lettuce inside a ciabatta. Was this anything spectacular that blew my mind? Nah, it was just simple goodness. Fresh ingredients that go well together. They had me at avocado!
The french fries were fresh, plump, and crisp. A good cut and texture. You can never go wrong with fresh tasty fries.
All in all, it's a classic place to check out in this area. I will definitely have to stop by again for breakfast on a colder day so that I can sit outside to people watch. =)

Filling Station
201 N Glassell St
Orange, CA 92866
(714) 289-9714
Filling Station on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin