Wednesday, June 20, 2012

It was getting late at night and there weren't too many choices for late night snacks and drinks near Sinbala.  Maybe it was a Tuesday and that was why we decided to try something new or maybe we were just feeling very adventurous that night.  We looked up Bun Bun Tea House to try out.
There was actually quite a bit of people around.  This place used to be Genki Living but changed to Bun Bun Tea House now.  They kept a lot of the same decor but I do enjoy the layout.  Not many people can necessarily fit inside at one time.  Still, there is always the option of take out.
We were able to grab a seat near the counter and we ordered a snack with the drink.  The Potato Butter Balls, $4.95, looked very tempting and we decided to get an order.  I actually really enjoyed the natural taste of the potato and the outer casing was nicely fried to a crispy bite.  Ms. Lin thought this was just okay.  The dipping sauces were just normal, which was fine since I just liked the hot crispy potato.  It might seem like a normal tater tot formed in a ball, but it was definitely tasty and above average.  I have a soft spot for tasty fried goodies lol.
As for the drinks, we got the Yogurt Tea and Passion Fruit Milk Tea.  I thought the drinks were the downside.  The tea was not very flavorful and did not complement the drinks flavor.  I am not an expert in tea as I don't like tea by itself but I do love my Asian flavored teas and believe me that I have had my share.  Being that SGV/Arcadia is abundantly supplied with tea houses, I think this one does not live up to the other tea houses around.  I would come in for the fried potatoes, but not for the drinks.  Needless to say, I have not been back for the drinks but every time I am here for Sinbala I think about getting an order of the fried snacks for take out.
Bun Bun Tea House
651 W Duarte Rd Ste C 
Arcadia, CA 91007
(626) 446-4168
Bun Bun Tea House on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin