Thursday, January 30, 2014

My coworker kept raving about Dog Haus and I finally drove by one while I was in San Gabriel Valley.  I decided that Ms. Lin Guide and I needed to stop for a bite just so I can see what it is all about.
You have to enjoy the irony that they are located next to LA Fitness.  Either work hard and burn off all the extra calories you get after eating there or think about the unhealthy snack while exercising since you walk by this place on the way to the gym.
Everyone there was very friendly and had a very laid back vibe.  The sun was strong that day and beating down on us.  I would recommend sitting somewhere shaded as the light can be blinding.  Since it was our first time, we debated on what to get and this place was a snack interim so we needed to save room.  The people there recommended "The Fonz".  It's a spicy Italian link, hot pastrami, and melted mozzarella in a grilled King's Hawaiian roll.
Was this anything special?  I thought it was decent but nothing I would drive so far for.  Maybe I just ordered the wrong sausage.  They put a generous layer of pastrami but there wasn't any oomph or pow in the flavor.  There is a sauce bar where you can try all the different dipping sauces and add a real kick to the flavor.  They also have a lot of accompaniments for you to layer the 'dog'.
For our side, I wanted to get Tater Tots.  Who doesn't love fried tater tots?  It was nicely fried and crisp but nothing too special.
The best thing I have to say was my Root Beer Float! It's a little pricey IMHO when I first ordered it but the root beer they used was great.  They used Sprecher root beer and this was my first time trying it but it was very well made.  I would definitely recommend getting their root beer and maybe a tub of ice cream to enjoy at home! We guzzled that drink down and they actually give you a pretty hearty portion so in the end it was sort of worth the price.  They use local ice cream nearby.
All in all it was not bad but I don't know if it was anything that special that I would crave for.  I would be willing to come back for snack the next time I have some downtime and maybe find another sausage to satisfy the craving.
Dog Haus
410 E Main St 
Alhambra, CA 91801
(626) 282-4287
Dog Haus on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

pudgym29 said...

I'll file Dog Haus on my long list of restaurants to visit the next time I am in southern California.
Mainly, I wanted to comment that Randy Sprecher would be pleased to know that his root beer is being served in southern California. Randy S. is a craftbeer brewer. But about 18 years ago, he realized he had a better shot at becoming profitable by pushing the distribution of his root beer soda. {I was even involved for a fortnight in 1994.}
It is a very good root beer. I have bottles of it in the refrigerator here at the domicile. (I also have bottles of Randy S.' Black Bavarian Lager beer in it.)

raybanoutlet001 said...

michael kors uk
coach outlet online
tennessee titans jersey
oakland raiders jerseys
nike store
true religion jeans
christian louboutin shoes
los angeles lakers jerseys
polo ralph lauren
fitflops sale clearance

Unknown said...

qzz0616
oakley sunglasses
ugg outlet
fitflops outlet
canada goose outlet
san antonio spurs jerseys
spurs jerseys
ferragamo shoes
dolce and gabbana
givenchy handbags
longchamp bags

Blog Widget by LinkWithin