Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Who doesn't love a refreshing milk or fruit tea to quench your thirst?  After a nice meal, Ms. Lin Guide and our friend decided to grab a drink and chat some more.  We found the closest place that looked good was 7 Leaves Cafe.  They are not your typical Asian milk tea place as they offer a little variety and pizzazz to their menu.
The staff was very friendly and offered samples before the purchase.  We actually got to try a great variety before we ordered.  They were so friendly that my friend and I each ordered 2 drinks.
They have the Strawberry Hibiscus Tea made with real fruits, hibiscus flower and rooibos tea. This was very light and refreshing.  Personally I wished it was a little sweeter as I have a sweet tooth when it comes to my teas.
We tried the Sea Cream Jasmine Tea has a light whipped sea cream on top, which was a little weird for my taste.  I don't think I can quite adapt to the salty cream mixed with the tea as I like drinks of a sweeter nature.  Still, I am glad that I was able to get a small sample to see if this would be a new drink that I might like.
One of their most recommended specialties is the Mung Bean Milk Tea made with mung bean, jasmine tea, and pandan leaves.  I am not a big fan of beans in general but I thought this was the most interesting and tasty drink.  The texture was not overwhelming and nicely flavored.  It was also sweeter than the other drinks so I did enjoy it.
We also tried the Sunset Passion made with hand squeezed passion fruit.  This was a little more on the tart side and didn't have the oomph that I was looking for.  In the end I decided to get the Strawberry Hibiscus Tea and Mung Bean Milk Tea.
Was this place mind blowing?  Not really but I would be willing to come back if I was in the neighborhood to grab a drink.

7 Leaves Cafe 
9786 Westminster Avenue 
Garden Grove, CA 92844
(714) 590-2790
7 Leaves Cafe on Urbanspoon

4 comments:

Trekkie said...

Haha, just went there on Sunday, had the Taro Milk Tea, good but Taro bits were too hard. Also tried the Mung Bean which was good.

Kat said...

You were down here and yiu didn't call me up?? I will have to try the taro buy hard taro bits doesn't sound too good I thought the Mung Bean was unique :-)

raybanoutlet001 said...

oakley sunglasses
vikings jerseys
texans jerseys
ed hardy clothing
cheap ray bans
nike blazer
coach outlet store online
true religion jeans
cheap jordans
tods shoes

QQQQQQQQQ said...

air presto
yeezy boost 350
adidas nmd r1
yeezy boost 350
yeezy shoes
ysl handbags
longchamp bags
harden shoes
nike air huarache
dior sunglasses

Blog Widget by LinkWithin