Monday, December 8, 2014

It's been a long time since I've been back up to the Bay Area.  During this trip, I'm making it a goal to eat all the good food I can! Actually that's always my goal! O:)

After a filling lunch at Hog Island Oyster Co, which has great expanded, I mosied on over to Humphrey Slocombe for some tasty ice cream.  I've been before and it was not bad in my memory.  It's got to be better than Ciao Bella, which was here eons ago.  Even though it was late Sunday afternoon, the place was packed!
They only had two employees that were both friendly but swamped.  I tried a bunch of flavors and sampled the 'secret breakfast' with bourbon and crisp flakes. The alcohol wasn't overpowering and had a nice hint of sweetness.  In the end I chose to get the Blue bottle coffee, candy capp, and matcha doodle.  The candy capp had that savory essence embedded amongs the sweet and smooth texture.  Personally I adore the candy capp mushroom on desserts.

The Blue bottle coffee was a safe choice, strong and flavorful.  I though the matcha flavor was subtle in the matcha doodle.  There were bits of snicker doodle embedded in the ice cream.  It's fun but I don't know if I'd get that flavor again.

All in all a great edition to the Ferry Building so that I can endlessly continue to snack :).

Humphrey Slocombe Ice Cream
1 Ferry Plaza
San Francisco, CA 94111
(415) 550-6971
Click to add a blog post for Humphry Slocombe on Zomato

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin