Thursday, June 25, 2015

The food in Vegas keeps on getting better and better.  To really enjoy Vegas, you have to go off The Strip.  Don't get me wrong, I like fine dining but to experience the real culture and fun of Vegas you have to explore! I always have a car so I can stay off The Strip and go to my favorite eats and to find new ones.  The Goodwich was recommended by another store owner nearby and I have been wanting to try this place for a while.
They use to have foie gras sandwiches that I would have died for! What you have to love is that you can add crispy chicken skin into the sandwiches.  Drool drool!! They had me at that ingredient.  If you are a health nut and don't enjoy the wonders of crispy chicken skin, then this place is definitely not for you.  Also... you are missing out!! The skin is one of the best parts and if you won't eat it, I will happily do it for you! =D
The Goodwich is a small stall on the corner of Dino's parking lot.  You can park, order, and they will kindly bring the food to your car as well.  There is limited seating and depending on what time of the year you go, it may be too hot or cold to sit outside.  Ms. Lin Guide and I immediately began munching on our tasty sandwiches.  Best to eat fresh and hot!
Their menu often changes but there are always intriguing concoctions and tantalizing choices.  For our first time, we decided to get the Patty on rye.  Inside was ground beef, smoked cream cheese, onion, and pepper jack.  Of course we added the crispy chicken skin for the extra Oooooomph! The rye was beautifully colored and nicely grilled.  I love the crisp outer texture combined with all the rich flavors of the sandwich and delicious crispy chicken skin.  The bread was so full of butter that it basically melted in your mouth.  I think I am beginning to drool onto the computer! lol
We were split on the 2nd sandwich as they didn't offer the foie gras at this time.  Ms. Lin Guide decided on the Cuban-esque on white, since we had rye on the other sandwich.  Inside was pork butt & belly, ham, swiss, and pickle maystard.  The flavors were good and a slightly different take on your typical Cuban sandwich.  Of course we added the crispy chicken skin for an extra kick.  For me, this was solid but it didn't really blow my mind away as the Patty did.
All in all I really enjoyed their sandwiches and the owner was very nice.  I'd definitely go back for a quick bite and to see what new sandwiches they have concocted.

The Goodwich
1516 S Las Vegas Blvd
Las Vegas, NV 89101
(702) 910-8681
Click to add a blog post for The Goodwich on Zomato

Blog Widget by LinkWithin