Sunday, August 30, 2009

On a last minute decision I decided to come up to LA after I was invited by a friend for dinner. It just happened that it was a rainy day as well! I met up with Burumun and Rum Dood earlier for ice cream where they told us about the “Soup Kitchen” at The Edison. I guess on Thursday nights they have this special deal where you get a choice between 2 drinks for 35 cents. It is an awesome deal especially in this lavish vintage bar. With the drink you can also can get I believe a grilled cheese sandwich for some more change. I would recommend trying this bar out during the special to get more bang for the buck. O=9

The bar is an old power plant turned into a very fashionable bar. All the fixtures are very eclectic and have a wonderful feel to the place. Once you step inside the bar, you will forget about the smoggy and rainy, that day, outside world. There are tons of people dressed up and having a wonderful time. Here is the catch... it is a DRESSY bar. If you are not dressed up they will kick you out! I umm somehow go past that as I was wearing flip-flops but dressed nicely on top. Needless to say this was not part of my plan and I was afraid they weren't going to let me in... eek! But I made it and broke the rules! ^_- If your main purpose is to check this bar out, then don't risk it! Men dress up in a nice shirt and slacks with the appropriate shoes. Women can get away with more but still business casual or if you wear hot skinny jeans just make sure you have those pumps on to get in. ^_- I am not a bar person but I am glad I got to check out this historic place in Downtown LA.


The Edison
108 W 2nd St
Los Angeles, CA 90012
(213) 613-0000

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun outing!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin