Sunday, August 2, 2009

A new place has opened up to replace the old noodle place. That location never lasts. We will see how long Chong King Chinese Restaurant can stay. So far they still have a good flow of business since they are brand new. It is a spicy restaurant. When you walk in, you can smell the spicy flavor ruminating in the air. It's a small space and the tables are pretty close to each other so it can be very packed. They also only take cash, so beware. That day we already had lunch but I wanted to check them out for my site of course. ^_^ I also really love "Fu Chi Fei Pian" so I had to see if they had that at the cold snacks bar. The prices here are a bit heftier than SGV, but that is most likely because of the high rent in Irvine. Luckily, I got Ms. Lin to pay that day. O=) Maybe that is why it tasted better? lol I thought the flavors were pretty good. The spice was very aromatic and well-enhanced with the sauce. I don't know if that day was a fluke but I have gone back again since I really liked it the first time but was really let down the second time. Maybe the third time is the charm?Chong King Chinese Restaurant
14805 Jeffrey Rd
Irvine, CA 92618

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin