Wednesday, February 17, 2010

It has been a while since I have had the chance to come up to SF and even more rare is to be able to grab lunch in the city. I was only up in SF for a limited amount of time and I wouldn’t have many chances to try the SF Dine About Town. In fact, I only had one lunch available and we made the executive decision to go back to Asia de Cuba for their lunch deal. It’s all about the Lobster Club Sandwich. My first trip left a great impression about the food even though some of the other items was not as good as what I can get in LA. Still, I often think about making my way back so I can sink my teeth into that succulent sandwich. Alas, parking is always a nightmare so it would be very wise to utilize the public transportation that SF has to offer or just take a nice long walk if it is a sunny day! =)The price of the Lobster Club Sandwich normally is around the price of Dine About Town, $17.95, so Ms. Lin and I thought it would be a good deal to go for lunch. We were able to kill two birds with one stone, satisfy our craving and saving money. For Dine About Town they offered Mini Lobster Club Sandwiches with a choice of Jerk Fries, Black Bean and Edamame Salad, or Mixed Green Salad. They tricked us by listing on the website that it would be their signature Mojito Fries, but luckily the Jerk Fries were pretty tasty so we forgave them. There were 3 mini sandwiches stuffed with Maine Lobster Meat, Ginger-Mango Mayo, Lettuce, Tomato, and Applewood Smoked Bacon. How can you not drool from that description? They must de-shell the lobsters there themselves because they are very nice sized chunks of meat and… I found huge shells in my sandwich. Guess I am the lucky one? Somehow I am always the luckiest one in finding the needle in the haystack! Lol I had 2 huge pieces of shell in the first sandwich and I wasn’t going to say anything but I found a second piece in the next sandwich. =*( They did remake the last 2 sandwiches but I was a bit wary of eating them because it does hurt when you get poked. Still, the flavors are delicious and I always ask for more of the Ginger-Mango Mayo. The tangy flavor goes really well with the fries as well as enhances the sandwich more. I love that the bacon pieces inside are wonderfully smoky and crispy. There is a great crunch with every bite. For the pre-fixe lunch at Asia de Cuba you get an entrée, coffee or tea, and a tiny slice of their Cuban Opera Cake. It is a layered Chocolate Cake, Milk Chocolate Buttercream, and Coffee Mousse. I have been to Asia de Cuba in LA for Dine About Town and had their Cuban Opera Cake, but a full sized piece. Here they only cut a piece from the tip and I felt like there was some alcohol in the caramel. It was better in memory for me. All in all the Lobster Club Sandwich was still good, just a few minor mishaps. I still like the sandwich a lot but after my recent excursion, I might be a little more hesitant about returning any time soon. Guess I have a weak spot for lobster. O=)

Asia de Cuba
495 Geary St
San Francisco, CA 94102
(415) 929-2300
Asia de Cuba on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin