Friday, October 21, 2011

In this tiny little food truck there is a magical surprise waiting inside for you! Being that we live in So Cal, every day is a perfect day for ice cream. Coolhaus really gets around because I see them at almost every food festival these days. Tucked inside your cookie of choice is a gigantic delicious scoop of fun and imaginative ice cream concoction that's encumbered in an edible wrapper. Step 1 : Choose your poison! **Cookie of choice** Step 2 : Choose your ice cream. Step 3 : EAT EAT EAT! =)
First decision, which cookie to choose. I am going to go with the Chocolate Cookie for the first pairing. One flavor that I always have to get is the Brown Butter & Candied Bacon Ice Cream. They had me at BACON! I don't think there has been a time that I have gone and not gotten that flavor. Whenever I come across a piece of candied bacon, I close my eyes and savor the moment. Mmm, I am imagining it right now!
Time to change it up, next we are going to go with the Snickerdoodle Cookie. For the bacon ice cream, I wanted a heavier cookie but the other ice cream flavors are lighter and I want the ice creams to be the main star of the show. The Balsamic Fig & Mascarpone Ice Cream was light, smooth, and creamy. Here, they had me at Mascarpone. Mmmm, I love cheese.
When I saw that they had Red Velvet Ice Cream, I was elated. Sadly, the ice cream was not quite what I suspected. It tasted fine, but I was thinking that it would taste more like the cupcakes that we are used to. My friend chose to try their Lemon Ice Cream, which had real lemon zests inside to give that extra oomph. Personally, I like enjoy the crazier flavors but I am glad we go to try the different flavors.
All in all I love the idea and I love that they sort of come to me or happen to be at every event. Mobile ice cream fun! They have some fan favorite flavors that is usually available, but keep in mind that they may rotate or test out new flavors that are always fun to try for those who are adventurous. One time they had a Strawberry and Jalapeño ice cream, which sounds better than it tastes. As long as they keep bacon on there, I will be there!

Coolhaus
(323) 823-1246
Coolhaus (food truck) on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin