Thursday, October 27, 2011

So what does Ti Couz mean? It means "The Old House". Their culinary creation comes from Brittany in Northern France. Traditionally they use buckwheat flour and only the privilege get to enjoy wheat crêpes. Here, they serve wheat flour crêpes and with stipulations. They only want their customers to enjoy the best and freshest taste so they refuse to let anyone take out or take home any of the crêpes. Be sure to be ready to enjoy a tasty snack, a meal, or a dessert and you can always bring friends. They would never dare dream of letting their customers walk away with a soggy or cold crêpe that does not live up to their standards, so take a seat and enjoy.
Even though Ms. Lin and I were fully stuffed with sushi nearby, we had to stop by for another treat. Despite it all, Ms. Lin still chose a savory treat. This was my first time, but she is a veteran here and she definitely chose the better crêpe. At first I was a little skeptical to her choice of Saucisse & Fromage (Sausage and Cheese). The crêpes are very thin but they do have an even filling inside. I enjoyed the subtle flavor and texture of the wheat crêpe. It's much better than the ones I got in Paris, France. I like the delicate texture yet maintaining a resilient chewiness.
I made the wrong choice to get their Citron-Sucre (Lemon and Sugar). Not sure if it was because the last crêpe they made was a savory/salty one because I felt my crêpe had an awkward salty flavor. Maybe it is the butter that they use, but I didn't like that the salty flavor overtook the sweetness and the lemon masked any sweetness as well. I started to monopolize Ms. Lin's crêpe. Odd enough, I always want what the other has and I am lucky enough that she will succumb to my demands and give me the goods ^_-.
The moral of the story is to always go with someone who will be willing to share the yummy goods and definitely order the savory crêpes here. If and when I come back, I am sticking to my love for meat and cheese or at least make sure that someone else there gets it and is willing to share or split.
Ti Couz
3108 16th St
San Francisco, CA 94103
(415) 252-7373
Ti Couz on Urbanspoon

Blog Widget by LinkWithin