Wednesday, October 12, 2011

In the city of Garden Grove there are tons of Vietnamese restaurants to check out but what makes Pho 54 stick out? Apparently you get a free drink with your purchase of an entree, which is not too bad! The drinks loom around $2 and the dishes range from $5-$7, which is very reasonable when you get a drink that's 1/3rd of the cost for free. If you are really hungry or really thirsty, I believe you get a free drink with each dish you get or you can definitely ask because it never hurts.
For my dish, I chose the Bun Tom Thit Nuong Cha Gio ($6.50). Normally I am not a fan of noodles but I have a soft spot for this dish now. It's Vermicelli with Charbroiled Shrimp, Pork, and an Egg Roll. A good combination of everything in one dish. I always make sure to drench the dish with the sweet fish sauce for more flavor. The mixture of textures from soft noodles, crisp vegetables, to flavorful grilled meat/seafood come together nicely in one bite.
My aunt decided to try the Mi Xao Don Thap Cam. It's crispy fried Chow Mein (Egg Noodle) with sauteed Shrimp, Squid, Beef, and Vegetables all for $6.25. The noodles were nice and crispy. I thought the portion was very generous. The flavor was not bad and I liked breaking the crisp noodles to dip back into the sauce.
All the food was not bad, but nothing out of the ordinary. The biggest perk is the free drink of course! We all chose the Iced Vietnamese Coffee with Condensed Milk. Nom Nom. With that said, there are a lot of affordable eats around here so it makes it hard for me to return often but I will definitely keep them in mind because of the free drink! ^_-Pho 54
8932 Bolsa Ave
Westminster, CA 92683
(714) 892-2623
Pho 54 on Urbanspoon

1 comments:

Kelly von Hemert said...

Hi Kat! I met you at Just Spotted!
This is so nostalgic because the first dish I learned to love in Little Saigon 30 years ago was bun thom thit nuong cha gio and cafe su da! Love! Happy noshing!
Galley Girl

Blog Widget by LinkWithin