Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Shwarma For All!

If you're ever out by UCSF, the Sunset, you have to stop by this place for some yummy and filling Shwarma. Whenever I am up here in SF I have to stop by Yumma's. Every time that I have been up here with a friend, Ms. Lin and I always bring them here. They are always very friendly, diligent, and good food. One good thing is that they are very clean, the worst thing is the parking in that area. Luckily, I have great parking karma so we found an awesome spot on Sunday.

We always get the Shwarma Deluxe. This time we only shared one because we were STUFFED from our dinner down the street. We chose the lamb and beef with seasoned onions, pickles, hummus, grilled vegetables, & garlic yogurt wrapped in lavash. It's filled with many components that perfectly compliment each other. I love the hummus that adds the gratier texture to the bite. The meats were very flavorful. One thing I have to say is that it wasn't as good as I remembered, but I do think that the reason could be that we were full or that they were closing. Based on their past performances, I will definitely come back.
An example of how much leniancy I have for them is that I've tried their Baklava before and don't remember much about it except that I didn't like it. I still ordered a Baklava because it looked yummy. Even though they were quite expensive, $1.85 per, I still gave it another try because it looked delectable. It's pure and simple, I like their food. The Baklava was super flaky! I don't really like the filling because it has walnuts and not much pistachios. If it didn't have walnuts, it would be great. All in all I like this place. It's quick, simple, and tasty!

Yumma's
721 Irving St
San Francisco, CA 94122
(415) 682-0762
Yumma's on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

gourmetpigs said...

ohhh ... I remember this place... (I think? the same one you took me too, i assume?)
So yummy .... hungry ...

Anonymous said...

Haha Yes of course I took you there! ^_- I only take you to the best! If only you were up here, then we can go to Hog Island and MORE together!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin