Sunday, September 19, 2010




Other people's hobbies may include gardening and hiking, but mine are eating and more eating! I'm one of the proud participants of Project Food Blog and the first challenge is to create a post about what defines me as a food blogger. I blog what I eat...it's as simple as that. I am driven by my passion for food and the desire to share my adventures. What started out as a simple way to share some of my stories with family and friends has turned into so much more.


Regular followers of my blog know that I am an equal opportunity eater - I am just as happy at a Michelin 3-star restaurant as a hole-in-the-wall and just as hungry at an Italian restaurant as an Ethiopian restaurant. For example, on a trip to NYC last year I went from dining at Per Se to chasing down the Big Gay Ice Cream Truck for a Choinkwich (an ice cream sandwich with bacon) to looking for the best ramen in town (a toss up between Ippudo and Momofuku IMHO). I constantly seek out new restaurants and cuisines and nothing gives me more pleasure than sharing some of those food experiences with my readers.

I am crazy about food and am willing to go the distance in search of it. I have reviewed a number of restaurants from different cities, and on more than one occasion, I have made last-minute trips to various locales simply for food. I recently went to Las Vegas for less than 24 hours just to have dinner at Joel Robuchon, and I would do it again in a heartbeat! (Here is a tease of the many delectable dishes that I had.) I have covered restaurants from San Francisco to LA/Orange County to Miami to New York, with more cities to come.

The main goal for my blog is to make it useful for my audience. I try to describe my experience so that my readers feel like they are right there with me. I always make sure to include helpful tips and advice in my posts, and I love alerting my followers of good deals and fun events coming up. From giving away tickets to extending a 4-part series on the Burger Bash at the South Beach Wine and Food Festival, nothing gives me more pleasure than knowing that one of my readers had a better experience at restaurant or event because of my recommendations.

Lastly, I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of my readers. Because of my blog, I have met many people who share my passion for food, whether it's virtually meeting folks who wandered onto my blog or striking up a conversation with strangers in a restaurant because they were wondering why I was taking so many pictures of my food. Thank you for all of your support and I look forward to more adventures together!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Love your photos! I just gave you a vote! You can check out my entry here: http://tinyurl.com/2ec2hlq Thanks and Good Luck!

Kat said...

Thanks so much Lindsay! I will be sure to vote for you! =D

Blog Widget by LinkWithin