Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Where would be a good place to go after a nice relaxing time at a Korean Bath House? Well for some odd reason I normally get something heavy like Korean BBQ. Not today, I wanted to try something new and tasty. Vientiane Restaurant (Lao & Thai Food) popped up on my radar and I decided that it was time for something new. They are located in a tiny strip mall that can seem a little iffy/sketchy at night, but don't worry there's plenty of parking spaces! Limited seating inside because they are a tiny Mom & Pop shop.
Since I was a bit dehydrated from the bath house, it was nice to have a refreshing glass of Thai Iced Tea.
Their Grilled Marinated Beef (Sua Rong Hai), $5.99, was what really caught my eye. How can I pass up a dish described as grilled tender marinated beef and served with a hot & sour sauce? The meat was very tender but certain chunks had tendons that made it super chewy. Overall the meat was tasty and soft. You pair it with the delectable sauce and wrap the whole thing in a side of cabbage. Normally I don't condone the usage of veggies but the bitterness of the cabbage mixed with the spicy & sour sauce really makes the sweet and savory flavors pop!
No meal is complete without rice and for me at a Thai restaurant it is the Thai Fried Rice! Mmmm! I got the Pork Thai Fried Rice to munch on the side. The rice was very fragrant and nicely stir-fried. A little on the light side but nothing that a little soy sauce couldn't fix. =)
I debated for a while on whether I should get dessert but I caved in the end. The Loti (Thai Crêpes) with Condensed Milk, $1.50, was too great of a deal to pass up! You get a nicely pan-fried crispy pancake rolled with sweet condensed milk. Yummy! One thing though, man this is one OILY dessert! Be sure to use a napkin to absorb the excess oil so you won't feel as guilty. Don't share! Get one for yourself to enjoy! ^_-
All in all I think this a very nice hole in the wall, local place, to enjoy good eats at a great price. Recently I ordered take out and it was just as good. I will definitely be back in the future and most likely after Korean Bath House... come to think of it... that was when I ordered take out too! lol

Vientiane Restaurant (Lao & Thai Food)
10262 Westminster Avenue
Garden Grove, CA 92843
(714) 530-7523
Vientiane Thai Laos on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

Gastronomer said...

Lovely! I've always wanted to try Lao food. Gotta check this place out!

Kat said...

Oooh yah you should! If you come down give me a call and I will join you =) Of course I might need to hit the Korean Bath House first to follow tradition lol

QQQQQQQQQ said...

adidas ultra boost
nike huarache
air jordan
adidas yeezy
pandora charms
longchamp handbags
yeezy boost 350 v2
off white jordan 1
kyrie irving shoes
nike roshe

Blog Widget by LinkWithin