Sunday, November 7, 2010

Took another little adventure at Michelson and Teller on Wednesday and happened to come across The Burnt Truck. I had never heard about them before this but decided that it looked fun to check out. What really caught my eye was Fried Chicken Sliders, say what?! At that point in time, I knew that I had to stand in line for their sliders. The prices are pretty reasonable at $2.25 each.
On the Chef's Daily Special was a Chinese BBQ Pulled Pork with Cream Slaw. This was just only so-so in flavor. I thought the meat could have used more flavor and been a little more tender because it should have been fall of the bone meat. It probably just needed to be cooked longer.
I was a little disappointed in the Buttermilk Fried Chicken with Garlic Potato Spread and Country Gravy. Don't know if you can tell from the pics but it fell a little short of expectations. I think it was mainly that the fried chicken had no bite. To me it was a mushy mess and the chicken lacked any oomph or flavor. If you sandwiched even a KFC chicken tender it would have been better. Maybe it was an off day and my chicken just happen to come out deflated?
Apparently the Tater Tots are suppose to be good. Anita got the tots with Sloppy Joe. Sounds good right? Mehh it was nothing special. I felt that the Sloppy Joe probably made it worse because it made the tots soggy. The Sloppy Joe was flavorful but I was expecting a crisp & crunchy side of tots drizzled with cheese and meat to enjoy. Maybe next time I will just try the tots by themselves.
Surprisingly the best thing of the truck was the Cheeseburger Slider with Angus Beef, American Cheese, Grilled Onions, and Avocado Spread. I thought the meat was nicely cooked and everything came together in a savory bite. Normally I am not a big fan of burgers or am pretty wary about trying new burgers. They toast their buns on the grill which adds that nice smokey grill flavor into the bite. I wish I had ordered more of these. Guess I will have to come again next time and grab some more.

2 comments:

Kat said...

Friendly reminder to all about the Drive Out Hunger event where you can donate food when you visit many different food trucks during 11/7 - 11/20

Unknown said...

clarks shoes
coach factory outlet online
coach outlet
michael kors
nike outlet online
under armour shoes
coach outlet
adidas superstar
rolex replica watches
louboutin uk
xushengda0615

Blog Widget by LinkWithin