Wednesday, October 8, 2008

We were soooo running late on time that day because we added another bakery to our list to try in LA, which I will get to posting soon! ^_^ Parking is always tough to find so Ms. Lin dropped me off and I went for the grab and go! lol I called to tell her the menu at Arde's Bistro and made the executive decision on what to order. The store is small and quaint. They have a wooden interior with a red vibe that pops. The girl working there was very cute and sweet. I chatted with her while I was waiting for the food. Too bad we couldn't eat there. =*(
Everything was take out so we had to think convenient because we might be eating it while standing in line. Little did we know that you could sit and wait. I am sure we frightened all the people around us as we gobbled all the food down in a flash! ^_^ Hey we had to get bustling to be ready for the show! lol More on that later... All the dishes come with their Healthy No Mayo, No Eggs Potato Salad and Peppercini? I am not sure since I didn't eat it. Looks too healthy for me. =oP lol The salad was a little too sour for my taste... I think I would have enjoyed it more with the unhealthy mayo and eggs. Yummm... unhealthy... Mmm Mmm goodness! lol
My favorite of the 3 dishes was the Grilled Garlicky Chicken Wrap. You had me at Garlic! I am always leaning towards any dish that is garlicky! YUM YUM! All the wraps are rolled in Fresh Lavash, Flatbread. We also asked for no bell peppers in any of the dishes. It's Garlic Sauce, Shredded Romaine, Tomato, Onion, and Charbroiled Marinated Chicken Breast pieces. The garlic sauce was tasty and the flavor the chicken was good. They went great together and every bite felt flavorful and fresh. I would order this dish again for sure.
As many of you know, I love my filet mignon! So of course we had to get the Shish Kebab (Filet Mignon) Wrap. It's Hummus, Shredded Romaine, Tomato, Onion, and Charbroiled Marinated Chunks of Filet Mignon. They really loaded this wrap with lots of meat. The meat was tender but under-seasoned. I wished this was more flavorful and then it would be great. If I were eating there I think it would be better because I would ask the sweet girl to get me some Garlic Sauce! That makes anything better! ^_-
For the last dish we chose to get The Gyro. Served in special Gyro Pita, Shredded Romaine, Tomato, Onion, Grilled thin slices of Lamb and Beef Gyro Meat and side of Jajik, Yogurt Cucumber Sauce. I thought the meat was very tasty and the gyro was nicely presented. This dish was not bad. They are really generous on how much meat they put on each dish. The yogurt sauce helped the flavors pop from the gyro.
All in all the food was not bad. I think Ms. Lin enjoyed it less than I did. After reading more reviews online I realized I should have got myself some of their Baklava!!! WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME! Booo! I love baklava. Hmm come to think of it... I blame Ms. Lin! She should know that I love baklava and if people raved about it online we should have tried it. Darn it! Now I might have to go back sometime soon to get some. Maybe the next time we go to see Jay! ^_^

Arde's Bistro

4315 W Riverside Dr
Burbank, CA 91505
(818) 729-8463
Arde's Bistro on Urbanspoon

Blog Widget by LinkWithin