Saturday, October 11, 2008

Lesson Learned!

Dude! I need to learn a lesson about not returning to places that I know isn't good! Since I am so sick of the same old food in Irvine, we thought about changing it up a little and go to Sam Woo Seafood on Culver. Why can't I remember that this place blows!!! Hopefully with my website/post I will be able to remind myself and not have to suffer through it all! ^_^ They are your typical Chinese/Cantonese restaurant setting with white table linens and the same old chairs. We were seated immediately as it was later in the day and they aren't that busy. I regret not going to the BBQ Express side for some cheap eats that taste better. **WARNING: Food may look more delicious than it seems! Don't be deceived!**
Like most Asian places for lunch, they give you the free daily soup. The soup that day is the Cream Corn Egg Drop Soup. I really like cream corn soup Asian style, so you really can't go wrong. It's not anything special. (I put this here esp. for the Bees. ^_^) The one I make is great, but I am always lazy about that.
I made the mistake of ordering the Fish Fillet in Black Bean Sauce and Honey Walnut Shrimp lunch. The fish was bland and tasteless. It was so bad that I took one or two bites and I threw my chopsticks down... told my Mom I refuse to take another bite... and left to pick up some pastries and my cake at JJ Bakery. The shrimp was over-fried and shriveled. There was no flavor or taste. The only thing edible on that plate was the candied walnuts.
All in all it's needless to say that I detested the food since I walked out without eating anything. It's just that hard to swallow! I don't know why there is such a discrepancy between the food in the BBQ and the Seafood side. To be honest the food isn't all that great or much better than the Seafood side, but I love my 3 BBQ Mix with Rice. That's all I need or just the Wonton and Noodle Soup. Cheap and good! Sam Woo Seafood is definitely not that!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I call this place sam "poo"... The MSG in the dishes is not optional. =( Sorry about your experience.

Kat said...

Haha you are funny! Thanks so much for reading! Even the MSG in these dishes couldn't have saved the flavor. It was so nasty. =*( Good thing I keep this blog to remind me to never go there again, but I will still go back when I get BBQ cravings... but only on the express side.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I've reminded myself never to go back there too for a sit down meal, it's sooooo not good! One of the bees commenting! When are you cooking for the Bees? ;) Have fun in SF, eat some extra for me!!!

Kat said...

Cooking for the Bees? Hmmm I don't know. It's a rare and special occasion these days. =9

I am eating enough for a group of ppl in SF lol. Wish you were up here exploring with me! Ms. Lin won't go to a lot of places! >_<## Boooo! lol

raybanoutlet001 said...

packers jerseys
boston celtics
michael kors handbags
fitflops sale clearance
seattle seahawks jerseys
raiders jerseys
ray ban sunglasses
bills jerseys
chiefs jersey
louboutin shoes

Blog Widget by LinkWithin