Friday, March 13, 2009

It was a topsy turvy Friday that week because I had planned to go to check out a new restaurant or hang out with Lil Bel, but they all happened to fall through! lol Of course then I get a call from PK asking what I was doing that day. I said nothing really. O=9 Then she asked if I was up for some Korean BBQ and I said why not! haha She has been so good about doing Hot Yoga and dieting that she had a craving. I was more than happy to meet up with her and we went. Instead of going to the normal places that we frequent, I suggested being adventurous and trying a new place. I did some quick research online and decided that Incheonwon BBQ House looked like a good choice.
Good thing we decided to try something new because we found something new that we loved. They have a smaller selection of Ban Chan but still good. We really liked the side dish that looked like parsley. The flavor was very fragrant and aromatic like an herb, but not quite. lol Kind of hard to describe, so you will have to try it out for yourself. ^_- For their AYCE you have 2 choices. In the $16.99 set you get Marinated Beef, Beef Brisket, Black Pork Belly, Marinated Chicken, Beef Tongue, Beef Tripe, Soybean Paste Stew, and Steamed Egg. If you pay $19.99 you get everything on top plus Marinated Beef Ribs. Of course we chose to have everything. O=9
They are very attentive in service. Almost fighting to grill for you in the beginning! lol I am use to grilling myself and I like my meat more rare, but they grilled the first batch and continued to check up on us. Even though you have scissors at the grill, they will come by and cut the meat for you. I was snapping a lot of pictures and they were very curious at what I was doing. They recommended the Beef Tripe/Intestine. That was one reason why I wanted to come here because I love Pig Intestines... Yes, I am Asian enough for that! lol The Beef Tripe/Intestine was actually really really really really good on the grill! For the first batch we just cooked it and ate it, but I realized that it tasted better when cooked longer. This allows the outer layer to become crispy, adding more complexity to the texture. We ordered many many plates that night because we couldn't get enough of it. O=9
We had many platters of meat and tried everything in the first round then ordered what we liked thereafter. PK recommended that I try the Beef Tongue and it was chewy yet pretty tender. Normally I am not a fan of it but now I might give it another try. It goes best with the Sesame Oil and Salt & Pepper to bring out the natural flavors. Same goes for the Beef Tripe/Intestine. The tongue shouldn't be overcooked though.
Their Marinate Beef Rib comes with no bones, which is convenient. All the meats were nicely flavored but PK didn't care for the Chicken. To me they were all good and I ended up ordering most of everything again. O=9 I bet we scared them with our appetite. lol The Pork Belly comes out unmarinated but they provide the pot of marinade for you to dip it in. At the end of the meal they give you Kabocha Soup that is really good. I kind of wished we could have more! lol Maybe I should have asked. O=)
All in all the food was pretty good and service was very attentive. They changed the grill very often and came by to check up on you all the time. Their grill is a little different from the ones I have seen but still good. I like how they give you the scissors so that you can cut the meat into the size you desire. Although, they do come by quite often to service so it wouldn't have been a problem either way. I think I have found a new place to add to my repertoire. Any takers? lolIncheonwon BBQ House
13321 Brookhurst St

Garden Grove, CA 92844
(714) 638-9292
Incheonwon BBQ House on Urbanspoon

6 comments:

Kung Food Panda said...

Looks good! Kinda sad I haven't had KBBQ in a long while. No Korean food for me for awhile it seems....

Anonymous said...

Sounds excellent!

Anonymous said...

hai cat, I'm Fiona's mother, do you get my message from facebook?

Kat said...

Poor KFP! You need to fix that and in a hurry! I hadn't had KBBQ for almost a month too before coming here with PK ^_^ I feel much better now that I have had my fill! lol

5 Star Foodie, it was good ^_^ I went to one of my usual KBBQ recently and then wished I had gone back here. Lesson learned lol

Ms. Lin said...

This place looks really good! Can't wait to try it when I get back!

Kat said...

I just took Mom their for V-day =P without you! lol We will see if I am willing to go back with you O=)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin