Sunday, March 29, 2009

You know how some days you don't know what you would like to eat and you suddenly see a commercial on TV... darn the media! lol It has been ages since I have gone to KFC because the only location in MV closed down a long long time ago! =*( So what is a girl to do when she has a craving? Luckily there was a location nearby. Unfortunately the location in Ladera Ranch is somewhat confusing even with a GPS. I saw the KFC sign and parked to walk in, but the sign says A&W... I was like... ummm where is the entrance to order? It looked like a diner so I was really confused and decided to look for the drive thru. Here's my tip, the KFC in Ladera Ranch is a part of the A&W apparently lol.
I have been meaning to try out their Value Menu. To start off I ordered the KFC Snackers, 99 cents. You can choose from Original, Honey BBQ, and Buffalo. I ordered the Honey BBQ and Buffalo flavor. The Buffalo was more flavorful and savory than the Honey BBQ. It's pretty bite size IMHO. The chicken inside doesn't really fit in the sandwich. From the picture you think it would be filled to the brim but it's lopsided in the bun. Still, for a buck it's not bad and does its job. I always have cravings for Buffalo flavored items, so this will do... now if only they were located closer! lol
What I really enjoyed was the Toasted Wrap, $1.49. This was actually very nicely filled and tasty. Again, these are all bite-size smaller items but still good. I liked this a lot because the component come together very well. The chicken was very juicy and tender. There's not too much carbs to overpower the taste of the chicken.
Since I had to drive out to find myself a KFC, I was going to try as much of the Value Menu as possible. I got the Popcorn Chicken Snack Box, $1.99, to try. This comes with French Fries under. The popcorn chicken was mostly breading and over fried. This was a whole mess of fried goods, lol. Even though I do love my fried food, this wasn't really hitting the spot. I think the Toasted Wrap is a better choice and more well-rounded taste. The Snack Size Bowl for $1.99 consists of Popcorn Chicken, Cheese, Corn, Gravy, and Mashed Potatoes. Be sure to eat this ASAP before the popcorn chicken becomes soggy. It's a mix of flavors and different textures. The best part was that you don't need to de-bone anything. lol
All in all the food was just aiight. Next time I will stick to the Toasted Wrap and Buffalo Snacker. I think they were the most bang for the buck. When you don't know what you want to eat and don't want to waste too much money food when you are blah, then I'd recommend to try their Value Menu. Hmm... doing this post makes me want to stop by again. lol Luckily I have some great leftovers from YunChuan Garden to tide me over. O=)

KFC

27622 Antonio Parkway
Ladera Ranch, CA 92694
(949)364-2982
KFC on Urbanspoon

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I luv the Snack Size Bowl...

I can't believe it was your first time to see that KFC and A&W are together...hahaha! whatta dork! You should have known that because you used to work somewhere in SJC - don't you take the side streets? Ummmm,,,,I guess you never paid attention when we used to carpool and I was your chauffeur.

Ms. Lin said...

Did you try the new roasted/grilled chicken at KFC? I wonder if those are any good...

Kat said...

Haha I am glad you realize you are MY chauffer! ^_- lol I always saw there was an A&W and never noticed the KFC sign as much. Never thought they were one store. I thought they were 2 separate places, but guess not lol. It's been a while since I have gone down to SJC and I like to keep it that way. O=9

Oooh since you pass by all the time, I will wait for you to bring me some KFC next time! haha lol

I haven't tried it yet Ms. Lin. When they had that free promo I debated on driving to Ladera Ranch for it... but free chicken vs. gas... hmm nahhh lol... and the new chicken isn't on the value menu!!! boooooo lol We can always try it out when you come back and we are too lazy to drive far! haha

Unknown said...

I�m truly enjoying the design and layout of your site. It�s a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more pleasant for me to come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a developer to create your theme? Fantastic work! KFC offers

Anonymous said...

This is awesome I really love to eat and share kfc items and kfc checkens with my friends so every wednesday I used to place order from shopozo's kfc wednesday offer page to get great deals and offers.

raybanoutlet001 said...

oakley sunglasses
vikings jerseys
texans jerseys
ed hardy clothing
cheap ray bans
nike blazer
coach outlet store online
true religion jeans
cheap jordans
tods shoes

QQQQQQQQQ said...

nike zoom
jordan 13
nike air zoom
dior glasses
cheap mlb jerseys
zx flux
adidas outlet online
tory burch shoes
golden goose outlet
lebron soldier 11

Blog Widget by LinkWithin