Monday, March 30, 2009

Since PK just started her own site, Princess Kitty's Lala Land, it's the perfect time to give a shout out to her! She recommended me to try Phúc Lộc for their Cháo. I am a huge fan of Cantonese Congee so I was very interested to try this place out when she recommended it. A large container of Cháo filled with meat and innards is only $3 or $4 if you want extra meats and innards. They open very early every day and closes around 6 or 7 PM. Be sure to call to make sure that they still have the Cháo left if you go towards the end of the day. The first time I went at the end of the day and they told me that they had run out. I drooped my head and walked away sadly. Then I made it my goal that weekend to return with a vengeance! lol
I decided to get 2 containers to go. One regular and one with extra meats to see the difference. Okay, so be prepared... you must be very open to eating "other" parts of the animal or... just do what I do... I only pour what I like into the bowl to eat! lol Inside the Cháo were Pig's Blood, Vietnamese Meat, Tongue, Intestine, Stomach, and more.... I know some of you may be gagging but the Cháo was actually super flavorful. Like I said, just eat the parts you like or just eat the rice parts.
They really know how to stew the rice and meats to create this flavor of explosion. You are also given Bean Sprouts and Limes to spice up the soup. Personally I just love the natural flavor of the Cháo. Be sure to not let it sit in the container too long before consumption because the condensation that builds up could lighten the flavor/tastiness of the Cháo. Also stop by a bakery to pick up some Chinese Doughnut to break off and throw in the Cháo. It's best if it is hot and crispy to give that extra texture. I usually warm/toast it inside a conventional oven. ^_^
While I was there, I saw that they had a stick of Vietnamese Meat that looked good. They also have pre-packed food to buy on the go. I decided to pick up a box of Noodles with an assortment of Meat and Shrimp on top. The Egg Roll was what tempted me the most. Sadly it was not warm and fresh but still good. I went a little overboard that weekend and bough a bunch of food to eat so I ended up giving these to the family. O=9 Still, all in all it was a great deal and great Cháo! I have been back a few times now and it has always been good but not as good as the first time. The flavor is not too consistent but I still really enjoy the Cháo and for the price, why not! lol If only they were closer!Phúc Lộc
14024 Magnolia St
Westminster, CA 92683
(714) 891-7701
Phuc Loc Food To Go on Urbanspoon

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a yummy plate of food!

Ms. Lin said...

How come you never go eat Vietnamese food with me? I want some yummy food!

Kat said...

Yup it looked good 5 Star Foodie, but the congee was the best part. Mmmmm I will have to keep it in the back of my mind to pick some more up if I am in the area. O=9

Ms. Lin, BLAH BLAH BLAH! haha I went recently with PK and my evil twin Kat lol That's right, I cheat on you all the time! haha Maybe if I find some place I really like in Garden Grove then I will take you there. See how nice I am! I try them first and then take you to the good places ^_-

Unknown said...

what's a Chinese donut? i luv you post and i'm definitely gonna go give a try.

Okay okay, see the reason why i don't leave comments? cuz they require me to sign in every frigging time!!!

Kat said...

Sorry Kat, I had to change the comment setting because of this stupid person. Originally it was anyone can post but now I had to change it to be moderation... sigh... this was only recently so you could've commented a long time ago =P no excuses! lol

You know what a Chinese doughnut is, it's yoh tiao. The dough they put into salty soybean breakfasts. Too bad we are going too late on Weds or we could grab some before dinner. ^_^

QQQQQQQQQ said...

nike air max
nike mercurial
birkin bag
michael kors outlet
nike max
air jordan 13
golden goose
ray ban
adidas eqt support
cheap oakley sunglasses

Unknown said...

qzz0616
stussy clothing
air max 90
bcbg dresses
coach outlet online
bally shoes
canada goose outlet
fingerlings monkey
prada sunglasses
camel shoes
oakley sunglasses

zzyytt said...

christian louboutin shoes
longchamp bags
michael kors
off white shoes
christian louboutin shoes
john wall shoes
adidas stan smith uk
supreme hoodie
nike air max 2018
air max 2018

Blog Widget by LinkWithin