Sunday, March 21, 2010

Cookies! Cookies! Cookies! The Cookie Monster would be in Heaven here! I think I am starting to turn into a Cookie Monster after this too! This was one of the many places that I took Trekkie Monster and GF to that Saturday. Yes, I hold food tours for friends! lol In preparation for that weekend I did extensive research and I really wanted to try Anthony's Cookies. After a full trip around the Farmer's Market at the Ferry Building we ventured for some delicious treats. Our first visit was filled with fun and friends. Jo and Stinky Tofu were there to enjoy the fresh baked cookies. On the second visit, I took Ms. Lin back to show her the light.
They offer many flavors that vary daily.
1) Cookies and Cream
2) Semi Sweet Chocolate Chip
3) White Chocolate Chip *No Macadamia Nuts
4) Cinnamon Sugar
5) Toffee Chip
6) Double Chocolate Chip
7) Whole Wheat Oatmeal Raisin
8) Whole Wheat Oatmeal Cranberry
9) Whole Wheat Oatmeal Chocolate Chip
10) Walnut Chocolate Chip
11) Banana
12) Banana Walnut
13) Peanut Butter
14) German Chocolate
Needless to say I am always guilty of greed and gluttony. I wanted one of every type of cookie available that day so I could also bring them home and share with Ms. Lin. You can buy the cookies by the 1/2 dozen, dozen, dozen & a half, or 2 dozen. The first time I came I made the wrong choice of not buying some milk to go with the delicious cookies. Don't worry, on my second trip I broke down and got some yummy milk to wash it all down. The milk really helps because it tones down the sweetness and allows me to consume more! lol
My favorite cookies of the day were the Toffee Chip, Peanut Butter, and Cookies and Cream. All the cookies were good. The base dough is very flavorful and tasty. You can taste the richness and natural flavor of the dough even with other components. The toffee chip is best when it is fresh out of the oven. It's chewy, sticky, and delicious. Mmmmm good. ^_^ The cookies and cream feels like a mix of Oreo cookies crushed into cookie dough and baked. It is creamy buttery goodness fresh out of the oven. I am a big fan of peanut butter in any form. Anthony's cookie reminds me of MBA's cookie recipe so I really enjoyed the soft peanuty flavor.
Of course all the cookies are the best when they come out of the oven! ^_^ They were still good even after a few days. We were lucky to see Anthony there that day. He is super friendly and personable. Meeting him makes me want to buy more cookies, but it is not like he needs to do any selling to make me buy cookies. Everyone there is super friendly and sweet. Makes you feel right at home.
All in all a great find! The cookie craving has set in permanently and I will have to add Anthony's Cookies to my SF trip repertoire. I went two weeks in a row, so did Trekkie and now Ms. Lin! Just the other day she texted me to rub it in my face that she had a craving and went. Then she had to pour salt on my wound and add that they were all fresh from the oven! You *beep beep*, that's what I texted back! lol If you are up in SF and have a craving for something sweet then you have to stop by here at Anthony's! Even if you don't have a craving, come by and get a whiff of all the cookies coming fresh out of the oven... and you will leave with a huge box like I did! The good thing is you won't regret it! ^_^

Anthony's Cookies
1417 Valencia Street
San Francisco, CA 94110

(415) 655-9834
Anthony's Cookies on Urbanspoon

7 comments:

Kat said...

Clue #2 !!

I am making it easier on you by having it on such a recent post ^_^

Fill in the blank:

The story of a grape
now known as Zinfandel in California,
and ____________ in Italy,

To make matters easier, I am attaching the page as well! ^_^

http://www.zinfandel.org/uploads/Out%20of%20the%20Hothouse%20ws06.pdf

Trekkie said...

Primitivo

May Pig said...

Primitivo

benson said...

primitivo

totoro said...

Primitivo!

raybanoutlet001 said...

polo ralph lauren
clippers jersey
kate spade outlet
moncler jackets
coach outlet
jordan shoes
cheap oakley sunglasses
oakley sunglasses
patriots jerseys
prada shoes

QQQQQQQQQ said...

goyard bags
nike free run
wholesale ray ban sunglasses
air max 270
adidas gazelle
michael kors handbags
michael kors outlet online
adidas tubular shadow
michael kors handbags
christian louboutin shoes

Blog Widget by LinkWithin