Tuesday, March 2, 2010

After CheeseBoard Pizza in Berkeley, I have been on this Orangina high!

Ode to Orangina

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Where o'where are you my dear.
I can't find you somehow I fear.

I cannot find you here or there.
I cannot find you anywhere.

Why oh why can't I find thee!
Please show up before me, I plea!

I need a drink.
I really can't think!

I have a big thirst to quench!
Now bring some more wench! (lol)

Where can I go?
They all say no!

Target, nope...
Stater brothers, no hope...
Ralphs, how do I cope?

Alas! I found a vendor who could love me tender!
Trader Joe's & Safeway really knows!
Better get some Orangina before they close!

An Original Piece by Kat L. O=9
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It really is tough out there! Where can I go to score some of this addictive elixir? O=9 lol Now that I am up in SF, I hope I will have better luck searching because I am having withdrawal symptoms! Luckily when I was back down in Orange County that I went with my gut instinct and went to Trader Joe's to look for Orangina. Bam! I hit gold and got a bottle. After that I started checking at any supermarket I stepped into or store that sold drinks. To my surprise, not a single drop found anywhere. As I began to despair at finding more locations that sold Orangina, the desire to possess and store them grew stronger. I immediately drove back and bought 3 more bottles. O=9 *I'm not a junkie! lol*

This post just keeps getting better, I have been writing it for a while now... I just got back from Safeway up in SF and BAM! There it is! The diamond in the rough. The holy grail! I found Orangina again and picked up 4 huge bottles. I think Northern Californians must like it a lot more or have had the pleasure to drink this ambrosia from the heavens. O=9 Going to go get a refreshing sip from the fridge now! That delicious bittersweet orange flavor along with the fizzy bubbles. Simply divine!

5 comments:

Pooch Purple Reign said...

ah yes, the elusive orangina. my town doesnt have any appreciation but i sure know where to get it.
good thing you got a stash
~laura

Kat said...

Oh no your town too! =*( That's good that you know where to get it. I am trying to map out where I can find it and I wonder if things are different in SF. Luckily I can get it at home too or I would have to pack some in my luggage back O=)

I bought 4 today and drank one already. If you ever see it, you should try the Mango and Blood Orange variety... Mmmmm! ^_^

Pooch Purple Reign said...

hi kat

well, you can put a big X on goderich ontario canada on your "where not to try" list. davids gourmet, kitchener and waterloo ontario and vincenzos, waterloo are a thumbs up haha.
at least if im ever there and really parched, i will have direction to an oasis.
thanks
~laura

Kat said...

Ha ha thanks for the info! I will be sure to keep in that mind when I can finally visit Canada.

I wrote Oragina to ask for more info as well. I wish they listed where they can be found on their site. If I find more places up in San Francisco I will post. It seems like Northern California really likes Orangina, which is great! ^_^

Kat said...

Update : I now found it in Bristol Farms in the SF Shopping Center! And... a beautiful display by the register... so tempting! ^_^

Blog Widget by LinkWithin