Monday, March 22, 2010

This is a first for Kat's 9 Lives. I am going to actually put up an email for people to contact me as I am going to host my first contest for tickets to the ZAP Zinfandel Grand Tasting and Cookoff in Newport Beach on April 18th. By chance the wonderful people at Great Taste Magazine, www.great-taste.net, left me a comment to ask if I would like to host a contest for my readers. I thought to myself, "Why not? It's a great chance to give back to my readers and I love festivals." As many of you know I am an avid attender of festivals these days, so it fit perfectly.
First, lets talk about the details of the event.

Event:

ZAP Zinfandel Grand Tasting and Cookoff
Date:
Sunday, April 18th, 2010
Time:
4:00-7:00 PM
Location:
The Palm Garden at the Island Hotel
660 Newport Center Drive
Newport Beach, California 92660
Ticket Prices:

"Taste spectacular Zinfandel wines from over 40 premier ZAP member wineries.
Mingle with top winemakers and principals in an intimate setting.
Learn about the remarkable richness and versatility of Zinfandel.
Discover why Zinfandel is "America's Heritage Grape!"
Sample hors d'oeuvres prepared by future chefs."
The event sounds like a great learning experience for those who don't know much about Zinfandel and to pair it off with some delicious hors d'oeuvres. You can enjoy wonderful wine as well as learn about the passionate history from the winemakers. It should be a grand event of taste and culture. If you love wine, then you would probably be in Heaven as you can try many wineries all in one place and have as much as you like! I love seeing the different types of glasses that are meant to be used for each type of wine and most likely you will be able to take home the glass as a commemorative. I just hope they are giving out the wine glass neck straps! ^_^
Onto the most important part... as part of the collaboration, I have been given 2 sets of tickets. Yes, 2 PAIRS. So 2 of my loyal readers who participate in the scavenger hunt will each be rewarded with 2 tickets so that they may bring a loved one, a family member, or a friend to join them! ^_^ Can't let you go alone now can I? It is always more fun with people you know. I have decided to do a scavenger hunt on my website.

How will that work? Well, I am going to plant clues on my posts in the comment section where you will have to click the link to find an easy answer about Zinfandel. Then you will have to post the answer where the clue is to show your participation. Do NOT e-mail me the responses, but leave the answer on the original post where the clue is found. Here is the good news, the more you participate the more chances you have to win the tickets. Every clue you find and answer will add one more entry into the drawing. If you feel comfortable enough you can leave your e-mail for me to contact you if you win or you can e-mail me your contact info after you have won. The contest will end at Midnight, 12:00AM PST, on April 8th. I will post the winners name in an announcement on April 13th so be sure to check back.

Keep in mind there are only 4 tickets to be won by 2 of my readers, so if you are really interested in this event you should definitely purchase tickets! I am going to end the event early so that if you don't win, you will have time to purchase tickets online. It's a great chance to mingle with other locals who share a love for wine and for you to have a wonderful time. Tell your friends about the event and contest. I know that you might think it will lower your chances of winning, but if there is a wide response to this event then we might get more tickets to give away. Like I said, the more the merrier! Cheers!

Quick Review of the Contest:
~ Comb through my posts to find the clue, answer the question, and post the answer in the comments section of that post
~ Every clue that you answer in the comment section will be one more entry in the drawing
~ At the end I will randomly draw from all the people who answered the clues
~ The contest ends at Midnight, 12:00AM PST, on April 8th.

If you have any questions or confusions please feel free to ask me in the comments and I will respond to them ASAP. Good Luck to everyone! I hope you have fun looking through some old reviews and learning something about Zinfandel. Ready, get set, go! ^_^ New clues will be popping up all the time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love scavenger hunts!
Are we searching previous posts for clues or waiting for new ones?

Kat said...

They will be in mostly past/previous posts and there will be a few in the newer ones to make it simpler to get your name in. ^_^ Of course those who are looking more closely will get more entries! O=)

Kat said...

Be sure to check back all the time because I will be putting more clues up daily. ^_^ I will put some on newer posts to make things easier and... here is a hint.. I will most likely put the clues on past posts of places or experiences I really like... and if you have read my reviews... there really isn't that many to choose from! lol O=9

Good luck hunting!

raybanoutlet001 said...

polo ralph lauren
oakley sunglasses wholesale
cheap ray bans
nike air max 90
new york giants jerseys
cheap jordan shoes
prada outlet
fitflops
dallas cowboys jerseys
steelers jerseys

Blog Widget by LinkWithin