Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The night is not over. There were so many stations and so many delightful treats. Again, a great big thanks to Rick Dade of R3 Builders for the tickets. I love every part of the pig and believe me, I got to eat every part too! **Oink Oink**
At the beginning of the tent was Namu with Chef Dennis Lee. They had an assembly line of making their infamous tacos. Instead of using tortilla, they use seaweed paper and a fresh slice of lettuce to encase the braised pork.
Cuesa Market provided a healthy sampling of their produce. I saw people walking around with beautiful figs and I just had to find the source! They were fresh, sweet, and plump. We were also given their champagne grapes that were super sweet and tasty. Both Namu and Cuesa Market can be found at the Farmer's Market at the Ferry Building every Saturday. They are definitely worth a visit and treat!
Time to get your gnaw on with the Suon Nuong from Le Colonial, a 5-Spice rubbed Niman Ranch Pork Ribs with Honey-Ginger Glaze. For a light touch Chef Joseph Villanueva added the Goi Du Du of shredded Green Papaya, Carrots, Rau Ram, Vietnamese Coriander, Basil, and Peanuts tossed with Nuoc Cham Vinaigrette.
Ame served up Uni and Prosciutto on top of Crostinis. I was very excited that they pulled out such a nice ingredient to share and I know how much Ms. Lin LOVES uni. For me, the uni had a little sharp kick that differed from other fresh uni.
Next door was XYZ serving a fashionable Pork Rillette that resembled a bone marrow on the stick. It was a nice mix of sweet and savory.
This year Kuleto's brought out an assortment of Salumi freshly sliced for everyone to enjoy. Last year at the tasting tent they left the most memorable impression when they made fresh mozzarella. *delish*
Chef Melissa Perello from Frances prepared Peach Blinis to celebrate Hog In The Fog.
I enjoy seeing a huge display of cheese just waiting to be devoured, or it just me? The Parmigiano Reggiano at Bar Bambino's table was calling out to me. What even caught my eye more was that they were frying up balls of cheese??? Well not quite, but I can't deny the sensation when I see melted cheese slowly dripping down. They prepared little croquettes of risotto stuffed with pork and cheese, then fried.
The night was young and I took a nice break in the POM Double Bubble Lounge to rest up before continuing my quest for great food. I love these festivals where they celebrate and bring out the best talents of the city. For me, the best part is I can say I have tried all these places! Of course I have been to a bunch and it is just great to grab a bite. It's also a great chance to explore and taste test new restaurants so that you can mark them down on your list. There's one place the really outdid themselves and stood above the rest for me... coming up! So stay tuned!

2 comments:

Kat said...

Sorry readers, I am sick so my posts are coming out slower as I am resting and recovering @_@ will try to post more and faster, health permitting

Unknown said...

clarks shoes
coach factory outlet online
coach outlet
michael kors
nike outlet online
under armour shoes
coach outlet
adidas superstar
rolex replica watches
louboutin uk
xushengda0615

Blog Widget by LinkWithin