Sunday, October 31, 2010

6ix Park Grill offers a Monthly Mixer with Live Music where guests who come to mix and mingle will also enjoy complimentary valet parking and an oasis-like landscaped outdoor patio equipped with a fire pit to enjoy Southern California’s beautiful climate. Happy Hour will run all night and also includes $5 wine, $6 appetizers and $6 custom signature cocktails.
At last month's mixer they showcased the Carpe Diem winery and their Pinot Noir.
There were two trays of nicely prepared bite-sized snacks. I loved the tomatoes and cheese on top of the crostini. It was simple and delicious. You could eat the whole tray without realizing it. A great way to start the night off and pair with the drinks served.
They also provided bite-sized duck confit to nibble on while chatting up the wonderful crowd. Don't worry about enjoying the snacks because they are on top of it to bring more out for the customers to enjoy.
I couldn't resist ordering my Virgin Piña Colada. Last month had been really hot and a nice refreshing blended drink really helps cool the body down. It's also good to know that they have more than alcoholic drinks to choose from.
We were served the Ahi Poke starter with Cucumber, Onion, Soy, Ginger, and Fried Wontons. For me, there was too much ginger flavor. I felt like the dish needed an acid to bring it up a notch. Nonetheless it was beautifully presented and if you like ginger, then this would be the dish for you.
The appetizer they presented us that I loved the most were the Wood Fired Shrimp with Thai Chili, Avocado, and Spicy Aioli. Each shrimp was plump and beautifully grilled. I loved the flavors and spices. The avocado helps harmonize the spices with its buttery texture. I wish I had more of this! Yum! This alone is worth a return trip! MBA was my plus one for the night and she absolutely loved the Chicken Tinga Quesadilla served with Avocado Cream and Chipotle Salsa. This worked out perfectly because I passed the quesadillas to her and kept the shrimp for myself! =)After their appetizers we were allowed to choose anything off the menu if we were still hungry. I opted to try their 12 oz. Prime USDA Rib-Eye. Since I was denied the rib-eye at Carnevino a while back I had been craving some delicious marbleized meat. My steak was nicely grilled and I loved seeing the grill marks. The meat was tender, but I did wish I had a bit more sauce to add more flavor.My main goal with the steak was to get the side! They had some nice sides to choose from but NONE better than Coconut Bacon Rice! I mean they had me at bacon. At first I was a little bit afraid that this might not end up as tasty as I hopped but after the first bite I wish I had more. They really should consider making this a dish or making it a bigger side. I wanted more after I finished my small pile. Bacon goodness!MBA abandoned me and only opted to get a dessert. She chose the Brown Butter Cake with Sweet Cherries and Warm Honey Rum Butter. I guess I read this wrong because I thought it would be a warm moist cake but it was cold and a bit on the tougher side. To be honest it was like one huge solid cut of hard pound cake. This was not what I expected. I really thought we should have ordered the Chocolate Molten Cake.While we were munching on the nice appetizers and me chowing down my steak, I noticed their specialty cocktail menu. The Blackberry Jamboree with Stoli Vanilla, Black Cherry Vodka, Blackberry, and Lime was surprisingly tasty. I am not a big fan of alcohol but after stealing a sip I had to have one for myself. You can definitely taste the velvety vanilla flavor and the freshness of the fruits.
All in all it was a great evening with a lot of great people. 6ix Park Grill has a great selection of Happy Hour appetizers and specialty drinks for $6 from 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm Mon-Fri. It's always good to find another great Happy Hour place in OC. Perfect for anyone who has had a long day in the office.

6ix Park Grill

17900 Jamboree Rd
Irvine, CA 92614
(949) 225-6666
6ix Park Grill on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin