Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Due to some snafus, I lost my lunch spot for the Truffle Festival in Napa and was stuck hungry without lunch plans plus be back in time for the orchard tour. What is a girl to do? Luckily the hotel was nearby the Oxbow Public Market where it is like a mini-version of the Ferry Building. We decided to walk there and explore some food options before coming back for the tour bus. Don't let the dirt road and exterior full you, depending on which way you came from. This place is super clean and new. Once you step food through the doors, you will find a bunch of quaint artisanal stores and food joints. I enjoyed the vibe and decor a lot. Yes, it is a lot smaller and there isn't as much to do as the Ferry Building but I enjoyed it and came back... more on that later.
First place that caught my eye was Three Twins Ice Cream. I hadn't been feeling well the night before and was a little iffy on what my stomach could take for the day, but somehow ice cream seemed like a good idea to me. Maybe it is the kid in me, but I wanted ice cream first! We moseyed on over to sample some of their delectable flavors. They offered some seasonal flavors like Pumpkin Pie, Eggnog, & Peppermint along with some interesting combos like Land of Milk and Honey. Before I chose which ice creams I wanted, I couldn't help notice their "absurdity" where you can get 20 scoops of ice cream in a pot for $45! Then they also divulged some of the world's richest and most expensive sundaes. Wow!
I know you think I was going to go for something absurd, but I chose the safe route. They were making fresh hand-rolled waffle cones so I got two scoops to go along with it. My favorite flavors for the day were Bittersweet Chocolate and Burnt Caramel. Loved the rich and thick texture of the chocolate. How can I ever say no to burnt caramel? It was sweet but slightly toned down with the hint of burnt flavor. The Three Twins know what they are doing. Everything was enjoyable. My only qualm was the cones were a bit oily so be sure to wrap it with napkins. After we finished there were glistening oil stains everywhere. That's a good sign right? Everything fatty and bad for you tastes good? lol
Three Twins Ice Cream
610 1st St
Napa, CA 94559
(707) 257-8946

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin