Saturday, December 4, 2010

Not sure why the store spells Caffe with 2 f's but I will oblige as well. I was up in Studio City accompanying Ms. Lin for a meeting. What is there to do after lunch and still having plenty of time to kill? Luckily I had the internet handy and started to look up some of my choices nearby. After a tiring day of driving in traffic and waiting out the heat for Ms. Lin's meeting to be done, a nice refreshing cup of Joe would have hit the spot.
Still on a hot day something cold would cool the soul. A Gelato Bar perhaps? Sure why not! Parking was easy to find and I happened to come across a spot right in front. I really enjoyed the neighborhood vibe. Everything felt very serene, wholesome, and quaint. It's one of those places where you can enjoy the shade while sitting outside and people watch or just enjoy the nice weather.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. I got to try some of their other flavors before deciding on what to order. Their gelato case was beautifully illuminated with tons of gelato to choose from. They even had Blood Orange Gelato. I tried their Nocciola, Hazelnut Gelato, but it was a little light for my taste. For me, the stronger the flavor the better. In the end I chose to get an Affogato to pep me up for the long day ahead.
I liked how their coffee was prepared by drip and in an old fashioned along with modern machines. They only serve Ecco Coffee of fair trade. After one sip, I must say that is one strong flavorful coffee! I am definitely interested in buying some for home to brew.
Inside there is a fountain to sit around and enjoy the atmosphere. I loved the alluring drawing explaining what goes in an Affogato! Here you can choose what gelato they mix it with too. Espresso on the bottom, then Gelato, and whipped cream to top it off. There is a little surprise where they spiff up the drink with flavored puffs and a wafer indicative of a straw. The whole creation is like a masterpiece of art. All the flavors came together in harmony and woke me up from the lunch food coma. The espresso was an eye opener!
All in all I really enjoyed the ambiance and feel of the place as well as neighborhood. The affogato was a little on the pricier side, ~$7, but after one taste you can understand why. If I am around this area next time, I would definitely be inclined to stop by for a drink or a few scoops of gelato!

Gelato Bar & Espresso Caffe
4342 1/2 Tujunga Ave
Studio City, CA 91604
(818) 487-1717
Gelato Bar on Urbanspoon

4 comments:

raybanoutlet001 said...

polo ralph lauren
oakley sunglasses wholesale
cheap ray bans
nike air max 90
new york giants jerseys
cheap jordan shoes
prada outlet
fitflops
dallas cowboys jerseys
steelers jerseys

Unknown said...

adidas nmd
adidas ultra boost
yeezy boost 350
patriots jersey
balenciaga triple s
supreme clothing
yeezy boost 350 v2
yeezy boost 350 v2
nike air huarache
adidas eqt support
tory burch shoes
balenciaga
adidas yeezy
dior sunglasses
air presto

QQQQQQQQQ said...

adidas ultra boost
nike huarache
air jordan
adidas yeezy
pandora charms
longchamp handbags
yeezy boost 350 v2
off white jordan 1
kyrie irving shoes
nike roshe

Stella said...

Hey, I just stepped into this wonderful blog post. I was running through the web to grab ideas about the latest Italian Affogato Coffee and your post title came to my sudden notice. Just hit my pointer on the title and explored me into your amazing Gelato Bar and Espresso Caffe. It was a wonderful journey surely. The photos also look so delicious and eye-catching. I am pleased having some good ideas to pick up and would love to say my warm coffee-loving thanks for sharing the details here.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin