Thursday, June 26, 2008

Before I left for SF a while back Coconut, Tofu, and I met for dinner at Cosmo's Italian Kitchen. It's right off the corner of Oso and Antonio Parkway. I have heard rumors about this place being "Cosmo Kramer's" place, Michael Richards. Personally I don't really care about who owns it or who goes there as long as the food is good. It's a very homely environment. Monday night is pasta night.
Coconut ordered the Fettuccine Alfredo, which was a little bland for my taste. It's just pasta and sauce with no meat. To me that is UNHOLY! ^_^ I need some chicken or shrimp or any type of meat to satisfy me. This definitely would not be something I would recommend.
Tofu ordered Cosmo's Homemade Ravioli with Ricotta and Spinach in a Bolognese sauce. The raviolis were over cooked and a little to soggy for my taste. I prefer it to be al dente. There wasn't anything memorable about this dish.
He also got a Side of Sausage. Tofu loves his Italian sausages and these were not one of his favorites. The ones from Costco are much better in taste. I think we were all a little disappointed with the food.
I chose the Chicken Gremolata, which is one of their specialties. It's Grilled Chicken Breast, Garlic, Fresh Tomatoes, Capers, and Herbs. Surprisingly, this was actually pretty good. In comparison to the rest of the dishes Coconut and Tofu got, mine was great! It was flavorful and tasty. I am a huge fan of capers. This definitely was the best dish of the night, but that doesn't say much looking at the other dishes.
Coconut got Tiramisu for desserts. It's Lady Fingers dipped in Espresso, then layered with Mascarpone Cheese and Chocolate. This was a little bland and flavorless in my opinion.
Tofu decided to try Spumoni. It's Black Cherry Ice Cream with Diced Red Cherries and Mixed Nuts layered with Pistachio Mousse, Rich Chocolate Sauce and Crushed Shortbread Cookies. We didn't see any shortbread cookies. The description of the dish was not what you go. I think Tofu was extremely disappointed in what he got.
All in all I think the restaurant was a let down. The service was fine, but the food was bland and not worth the time. Only the dish I ordered was tasty. Everything else was just blech. I don't think I would ever be back. There are many better Italian restaurants in MV or all of OC. Stay away from this place! Even if it is decently priced.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pictures look great. But from the description, this restaurant is probably not worth visiting....

By the way, do all your friends have food name? Tofu... coconut... haha... cute! ^_*

Kat said...

Thanks for being such a devoted reader! ^_^ I try to make all my pictures look super yummy that's why I always say that my pictures are deceiving. Even if the food tastes bad, I still have to try to make it look great for my site ^_-.

Ha Ha! What can I say, I love food! I guess I love my friends too, so I combine the two! Although some ppl don't get as cute of a name b/c they already have nicknames floating around. =P

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin