Tuesday, June 10, 2008

On Saturday, Lil Bel and I hit the mall up. I hope she got the Prada sunglasses she liked. They looked wonderful ^_-. Since she has never tried the Nordstrom Cafe, I had to introduce her! I have been going to this place since High School. This time I decided to order something different from the first post. Just a friendly reminder, I have been to many different Nordstrom Cafes and they all vary slightly. My favorite one is still in Mission Viejo Mall. The service there varies, but the interior decor is always pleasant. It can get rather crowded on the weekends, but it's worth the wait.
As usual, I had to get the Roma Tomato with Basil soup with delicious extra Garlic Cheese Bread. They were actually out when I got there, so I had to wait a while to get my soup. It was a little annoying that they took a really long time to bring out the soup because it came with the sandwich. I couldn't really get a head start on the soup, so it got a little cold as I kept trying to work from one dish to the next. The soup of course was great as usual.
I decided to showcase the Pesto Chicken Panini. If you like sun-dried tomato and creamy pesto, then this would be perfect for you. The sandwich is always loaded with thinly sliced chicken breast. It's a very filling sandwich and goes great with the soup. The only thing I don't like about the sandwich is that after eating it for a while, it scrapes the roof of your mouth. It came with fresh made potato chips on the side. This is the best panini there in my opinion. It has the most flavor out of the three.
Lil Bel decided to try the Roasted Chicken with Roasted Vegetables. I have never ordered that dish, because I hate chicken with bones. To my surprise it was almost boneless. There was only a small wing bone still attached. The chicken was roasted to perfection and very moist. It was a little lacking in flavor, but very healthy. I liked the slight lemon flavor. There was a ton of roasted vegetables, which would be my Krytonite. Yuck! lol O=P I am a carnivore! I am allergic to all vegetables. O=) The dish was very filling over all. I had to help Lil Bel with her dish, which led me to take half my sandwich home.
To fulfill her sweet tooth, Lil Bel ordered the Crème Brûlée. They seemed to have forgotten it and I just told the server, she immediately brought one out without even checking to see we ordered one. I must say they were very trusting. They have pretty good desserts at this location. I have tried them all. The Crème brûlée that day was a little TOO creamy for me. It was very thick. The torched sugar made it taste a lot better. I wish they put different fruits, but I guess they weren't in season. Usually there's a wide variety of fruits and not just a lot of raspberries.

All in the food was good and solid. The service here varies. I like the mint chocolate strips they give you at the end so that you will tip them. I guess it's a smart ploy. The cafe is always nice and clean. I will most likely be back soon again with MBA, as I have made her addict of the soup. ^_~

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin