Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Got up early to have breakfast/lunch with Ms. Lin and Mom. It was a nice little get together and the best part is that I had my trusty coupon! I know Tofu's mad that he was not the one I took with the coupon, but I will try to steal MBA's coupon for him! ^_- We were in a hurry because I had to run to class in an hour, so we made a rush decision. My mom decided to get the Junior Plate with Regular Buttermilk Pancakes, 2 Sausages, and Coffee. It's the best deal because you get everything and the pancakes are good too. It has 3 small pancakes, so Ms. Lin and I shared one. The pancakes are fluffy and light. Ms. Lin said that she liked them better than the 49'er Flap Jacks.
I had the 49'er Flap Jacks the first time I was here so Ms. Lin decided to try it. Her choice was the biggest in portion. It was 3 huge thin pancakes that really resembled a crepe. They were good, but I have to agree that the buttermilk pancakes are a better way to go. I think I would rather get what my mom got if you don't have a coupon because it is the best deal!
Today I wanted to try something new, so I got the Bacon Waffle and ordered a side of Sausage Links. I felt like something saltier with meat and a side of meat! ^_- It was good and filled with tons of bacon. The waffles were good, not anything extraordinary but just plain old comfort food. I like mixing my salty foods with sweet. It's the only way to eat sausage links too, with plenty of maple syrup! =P yum yum!
All in all the food was good. The portions were generous, except my waffle was the only normal size. We saw someone with an omelet and they were HUGE. The best part is you get pancakes too. We were discussing how it would be impossible to finish it all. I think the next time I go and with a coupon, I will definitely try an omelet out! ^_^

Original Pancake House

26951 Moulton Pkwy
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
(949) 643-8591
Original Pancake House on Urbanspoon

1 comments:

Preston L. Bannister said...

What! Not one of you tried the specialities? Shame!

The Apple Pancake is very different from your usual pancake, and quite good. (Recipes usually call these German Pancakes ... not far from a pop-over. Bit tricky to make, but when you get it right, quite good.)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin