Monday, June 30, 2008

This is a back post from my trip in SF. One day I went down to work with her in SJ so we can try some different places. Ms. Lin went to the Ocean Blue Sushi Club with Ms. BumbleBee and their other friend, which I have not decided a cute name for. Before I left, Ms. Lin wanted to take me here to try their Chirashi at lunch time. From the outside you would not think that this would be a nice restaurant. The name threw me off too, but as you walk in it looks very nice. This place must be owned by Korean people because it only recently opened and the flowers/gifts sent were all written in Korean.
There wasn't a lot of people there when we went. They have very nice Kimonos displayed on the walls and it was very well air-conditioned. Following Ms. Lin's recommendation, we both ordered the Chirashi. Their menu was generally very expensive. They have a wide variety of rolls/maki to choose from, but at a hefty price. Ms. Lin said to stick to the Chirashi because it's the best value there. Keep in mind that it's still about $20 for the lunch Chirashi.
They brought out the Miso Soup and the Wasabi Paste in the shape of a leaf. I didn't even notice until Ms. Lin pointed it out. At first I was very skeptical about the food since the name's kind of weird and the prices were so high. The service was friendly, but sometimes hard to find since there wasn't a lot of people there and they were at the other side of the restaurant.
Our Chirashi bowl was presented beautifully and filled to the brim with fresh fish and tons of different fish eggs. I've never had so many types of roe in one sitting. ^_^ Generally I don't like all types of fish eggs but the ones they served were fresh, unique, and varied in texture. There were a lot of sashimi that I do not generally eat inside, but they presented a huge variety. I liked that they had Hamachi inside. There was even Spanish Mackerel, Scallop, and more. It was a very colorful and delicate presentation. I thought it was tasty and I agree it was the best deal there considering the pricing. It's definitely the most bang for your buck.
All in all the food was good, but a little pricey. I have to give them props for the decor and the funny fact that there's a Bidet in the bathroom. It was getting late that day and they were closing down so I didn't get a chance to test out the toilet. I know this might sound weird, but they had this high-tech toilet that has a variety of functions and heated seats. If you do try this place out, be sure to get the Chirashi at Lunch time and not night time because it's probably more expensive. Don't be fooled by the name or it's strip mall surrounding. It's actually pretty descent sushi. If only it was at a decent price. I wonder how long this place will last in that location because it doesn't seem to be located in an area where people would spend so much on sushi. Still, I hope it will still be there when I come back again. ^_^

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought this place was great too, but slightly on the pricey side. Your post makes me want to go back and get the chirashi - it looks so delicious! I had just an ok one yesterday from the Nijiya Japanese supermarket, which totally does not compare...

Ms. Lin said...

We should go together Ms. Bumblebee! :-) I've been wanting to go back.

Kat said...

NOOOO not withOUT me!! NOOOO!!! I want some too! ^_- tee hee! Welcome back Ms. BumbleBee! Glad to hear from you! ^_^ We will all have to get together again for a food day like last time ^_- and Karaoke!

Anonymous said...

Yes, food day sounds great. Ms. Lin and I can't wait that long, so we'll have to check out this restaurant again on our own. Hee hee. It sure doesn't look like you are hurting in LA though!

Kat said...

I am hurting in OC... I wish I had LA food here ^_^. I wish I could try new restaurants with inventive ideas, but it's okay we are going to Vegas and that should be fun. Also I will be going again, going the high-end route! ^_^ Have a great 4th of July!

raybanoutlet001 said...

coach factory outlet
coach outlet
cheap oakley sunglasses
coach factory outlet
nike trainers
air jordan 4
valentino shoes
falcons jersey
coach outlet
canada goose

Blog Widget by LinkWithin