Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Not surprising but here I am again. This is the first time I have come here for lunch. I definitely like the prices better at lunch and it seems to be the same size as dinner. They don't have as many choices for lunch, but I found a new dish to try. MBA wanted to go to Nordstrom and I didn't feel like going to the mall on Saturday since it's SO crowded. Good thing I didn't because I ended up meeting Tiramisu later that day and took her to the mall! ^_^ So thank goodness I didn't have to go twice! At first it didn't even seem like Sabatino's was open for lunch and I never saw a real server. A guy from the kitchen came out and serviced, he was friendly but they probably needed a little bit more people to help out.
Today they surprised us with a new bread and we were starving so we gobbled it down in a flash. It was buttered with garlic and toasted to give that crisp texture. We debated on which bread we like better... dinner or lunch? We both agreed that dinner was slightly better. Then I wondered if they got rid of the other bread???? I was able to get that answer on Monday night, which I will post later. ^_-
MBA got her signature dish of Rigatoni with Sausage and Peppers in a Creamy Tomato Sauce. Just the way she likes it! ^_^ Of course she had to dip the yummy bread in her pasta sauce. As for me, I decided to try their Chicken Penne Gorgonzola. It's chicken breast & broccoli tossed with garlic, white wine, & Gorgonzola cream sauce and served with penne pasta. MBA tried my pasta and she really liked it. I asked for a minimal amount of broccoli and it was tasty. If I get this next time, I will ask for extra sauce because I like a thicker coat on my pasta. With penne it's harder to retain the flavor of the sauce. Still, it's a good new find.
This was the first time that I saw that they offered paninis so of course I had to give it a try. I ordered the Chicken Panini Sabatino. It's chicken breast, roasted red pepper, sun-dried tomato, avocado, caramelized onion, Mozzarella cheese, & house spread on sourdough. On paper everything sounded really good, but it fell short in real life. The sandwich was a little dry for my taste and it needed more avocado to smooth out the texture. I still think Nordstrom Cafe has better paninis. Stick with the pastas or the pizzas instead!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks delicious!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin