Thursday, July 10, 2008

First I have to state that I am not a big fan of Vietnamese food. I only went to Phở Kim Long because our parents were craving some Phở and were whining. Ms. Lin did some quick research on her phone to find a good phở place in Vegas and she came across rave reviews for Phở Kim Long. Try saying the name and what does it sound like? At first I didn't think anything of it because Ms. Lin said it was Phở Kim and then I saw the full name. I was like OKAY! She said that I should check out what people say about it on Yelp! lol We went there around 6PM and it was already getting really crowded, but we were sat down immediately. Of course we spoke Mandarin and the server there spoke Mandarin to us because she heard us talking. They have a huge menu to choose from, but there weren't a lot of dishes that I am used to seeing at other Vietnamese restaurants. I couldn't decide on what to order for the longest time. The only thing that I really wanted was the Kim Long Egg Rolls, which are just fried Vietnamese egg rolls. They brought them out pretty fast along with a fresh assortment of vegetables to wrap the egg rolls. The presentation was very colorful and appealing. They tasted like your normal fried egg rolls. I like almost anything fried! ^_-Our parents and Ms. Lin decided to get the Special Combination Tender Beef Noodle Soup. I asked for an extra bowl of soup because that's the only thing I would eat from it. They actually didn't charge us for the extra bowl of soup, so that was really nice. The phở came out really fast, not that it's hard to put together. All of them dug in rapidly to flavor their noodle soup and add the bean sprouts to be cooked. The soup was decent, but the food overall was not as good as the places around in OC. As they were all eating and drinking their phở, they were all talking about the phở place in Lake Forest. I agree with them because the soup there is much more flavorful and the amount of meat on the noodles are more plentiful.
For my main course I couldn't decide on what to get for the longest time. I ended up getting Stir Fried Tender Beef in Black Pepper Sauce. This was a more expensive dish. The portion was decent. I thought it was only just okay because the meat was a little tough and overcooked. The flavor was good. I don't know if it was worth $14 though... Like I said, I am not a fan of Vietnamese food! I was trying to find a simple rice dish with BBQ meat, meat cake, and shredded pork... but nowhere on the menu did they have anything close. I had to default into something else.
All in all the food was decent, but a little bit pricier than what I am use to in SoCal. This place definitely is very popular with the locals because when we left there was a huge line. They were very fast in ordering and bringing out your food. Then they disappear and come back quickly to bring the check. If you have a phở craving in Vegas, then I guess this would be a good place to stop by. They advertised crawfish outside, but when we asked they said they were out of season. We were very disappointed because they sounded like they would be good! =*( Don't worry, we got our satisfaction later on in the trip! ^_- Stay tuned!

Phở Kim Long II

4029 Spring Mountain Rd
Las Vegas, NV 89102
(702) 220-3613
Pho Kim Long on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin