Thursday, November 20, 2008

While I was up in SF, due to some outstanding circumstances... I wound up being alone for 4 days and had to fend for myself for food. For the sake of my blog, I continued to try new places... but now at the mercy of those who deliver! As I was searching on the internet, I came across Red Crawfish in the Tenderloin. If you know SF, I wouldn't go there late at night or by yourself to eat... not that I had a car... so I called to see if they would deliver. That night they were short a driver but the lady hesitantly agreed. I thought that was really nice of her to comply. As deliveries go, I must say that no one ever tells you how long it takes! I waited and waited and waited, but still grateful that someone would deliver. It took quite a while but it eventually got here. ^_^
Quickly I ran down to pick it up. She was nice but a little shady. I gave her the cash and she just said thanks. I was like, "Ummm, change please?" At first I probably would've given a better tip if she didn't try to pocket a $13-15 tip. My meal was less than $30 and I gave her $40. Aside from that, it is really about the food. As far as Cajun/Creole seasoning for Shrimp... I like Boiling Crab much better. The Cajun flavor was very weak and had a strong Asian/Vietnamese taste. Don't get me wrong, the sauce was good but it was really just Vietnamese seasoning and no kick of Cajun. I thought the Shrimp was overcooked and really mushy, but that could be due to the long time it took to arrive.
I also ordered Chicken Wings and they were SUPER SALTY! Immediately I thought of my sister and how much she would have love them. The flavor was only so-so and I couldn't get past the saltiness. I have to say again that Boiling Crab is much better. This also had more of an Asian flair. They really shouldn't be labeled as Cajun/Creole but straight on Vietnamese. Still, I am just happy to find something like Boiling Crab up in SF to tide me over until I got home.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin