Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Like I have mentioned before... Gluttony is definitely my sin O=) While we were driving on Clement Street in SF we suddenly found a decent parking spot so we pulled in. What do we see as we step out of the car except Clement Restaurant with a bunch of small dim sum eats! Keep in mind that we are walking over to where we will be having dinner... we couldn't stop ourselves from strolling in to pick up some midnight snacks! ^_-

The prices were super super cheap. It was 3 or 4 items for $1. The signs weren't quite clear on which items but it seems like it might everything displayed. We went to the quick take out side that is very tight and cramped. Service was your typical Asian place where they are more in a rush to make money than anything else. We ordered really quick because there was a line starting behind us and you can tell she was in a hurry to get rid of us.
We only got Egg Tarts and the dim sum Fried Pork Pastries. I am not quite sure what they would be called in English, but they are usually one of my favorite dim sum dishes. Apparently my sister loves it too so we picked up a few. Maybe they would taste better if you eat it there? but I thought they were disappointing. The flavor was lacking and I didn't like the ingredients they used. As for the egg tarts, they were flaky and the custard was fine. The crust needed more butter and flavor. You get what you pay for, need I say more.
All in all they are super cheap and a good price, but as for flavor... it's lacking but what can you expect. Maybe the restaurant side is better? I'd try the other side too if the prices were this reasonable as well. If you are a poor starving student then this place would be great. Alas, I am no longer young and my taste buds have become greedier and greedier. This place is just not for me and I can't recommend it wholeheartedly.
Clement on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin